Jack's junior prom happened the same weekend as Mother's Day, but this prom wasn't at the school. It was held on someone's property out in Richland. There weren't a lot of people at this dance but it was a lot nicer than going to a school dance where they play inappropriate music. Jack had asked if we could host the prom dinner at our house. And for some time it went back and forth on whether or not it was actually going to happen at our house for sure. But finally a decision was made and I got busy thinking of how to make our dining room nice since we just did the archway and kitchen walls. Originally Jack wanted it outside, but later we switched to inside because you don't know what the weather will be like. After some stressing over this dinner and how to decorate, we were able to pull it off and it was great!
 |
| I bought a new tablecloth in a sage green color and off-white cloth napkins. Then some ivy lights to hang on the arch. |
 |
| I made a centerpiece with the leftover flowers from boutonnieres and bouquets. The couples that wanted to, got together at Cam's house to make them for each other. We bought all of the flowers at Costco. I am not used to making bouquets either, so I was stressing over it a little, but it turned out pretty nice. |
 |
| I bought a removable curtain rod that just twists tight into place and then borrowed the curtains from the other sliding door. Then bought curtain fairy lights to hang behind them (using safety pins). Plus, I added a few electronic candles and decor on the kitchen counter. We would slide the plated food through that little area. |
 |
| Originally, they were going to do pictures at the park nearby, but they decided to do them in our backyard before dinner because of time constraints. Thank goodness for the vines making a beautiful backdrop! |
 |
| Garrett was one of the servers. |
 |
| Alice was the other server. They both enjoyed it. |
 |
| Later that night with just the fairy lights and candle lights on. |
The dinner consisted of smoked pork chops, tortellini w/pesto sauce pasta, salad, homemade breadsticks, mashed potatoes and sparkling cider. Then a fancy strawberry shortcake for dessert. Some of the items were brought by the other boys and we did some as well. Yes, it was stressful, but it was also a lot of fun bringing it together. I had asked a sister in our ward if we could borrow dining table items, but in the end we only borrowed the candlesticks. I can't wait to have another occasion to decorate for again!
1 comment:
GREAT pictures! Love the way the house was decorated. Garrett made a good maitre d!!
Post a Comment