Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Ward Campout

We are one of the few families that enjoys going on the ward campout. The previous two years they camped at the church camp called Teancum Timbers about an hour and a half from our house. This year they decided to try a new location. A member of our bishopric has a brother that just purchased a huge property an hour away in Zillah and it even has a river running through it. I was a little uneasy about going to camp at someone's property, but it turned out to be a great spot and very beautiful. I was also worried about ticks and mosquitos, but those weren't a problem, thankfully! I was also the only adult female to camp in a tent. The only other women were a mother and daughter (the Cheney's) and they brought their big RV camper. The owner of the property of course slept in her house. Larissa is actually younger than I am, but we had a good time visiting and even played Bocce Ball. I also played a game with Jack and Cam where we were throwing a little metal spike and trying to see who could get it to stick in the ground the farthest away. Others played some frisbee and frisbee 500. Some of the guys rode around on a dirt bike. Then we had a campfire and roasted s'mores and visited. One of the adults brought a bunch of glow sticks and the kids really enjoyed that. It turned out to be a fun campout. The only problem I had was not being able to get my feet warmed up while sleeping, even though I had 2 pairs of socks on. I would have slept fine otherwise.

Down at the river.

I took a small camp chair down to the river and just sat to look around and listen for a bit.

It's really beautiful and peaceful.

Jack throwing a frisbee with Cam. They have been working for a month or so to cut down these weeds that were as tall as us.



Curtis riding the bike. I love that he's biting his lower lip, ha ha.

A beautiful nighttime scene with the moon and clouds.


They had just built this campfire ring after we got there. It was a nice big one and worked great.


Picture at the campfire. See, I was there.

Glowstick fun.


Inside our tent.


The next morning, after a delicious breakfast of sausage muffin sandwiches, hashbrowns and juice, they set up a shooting range. It was a little distance away from where we were camping, so they gave rides on their 4-wheeler, mostly for the kids. They use this ATV all of the time to drive all over the property. So, she was a very experienced driver. Before we left to go home, the men were able to help the owners move a small deck that goes to their mini house. It was a small house that Larissa built with her dad, and she lived in when she was in Idaho. She actually lived in Kuna and Nampa!





The mini house is in the background under that canopy.



1 comment:

Laverne said...

You're a good woman. You like adventure. lol I'm with the other ladies and I'd need a RV. lol