So this morning I was very pumped to ride my bike with the kids in the trailer over to Michelle's house for play group instead of driving. I thought "I'm going to get exercise and save money on gas!" Well, I heard that it would be windy outside today but I thought I would be able to handle it just fine. Boy was I wrong! What would've taken normally about 15 min on a bike turned into a half hour trip. Even when I was riding downhill the wind was still slowing me way down. Sometimes I had to get off the bike and start walking because it was easier and faster than riding, especially when going uphill.
I was exhausted by the time I reached Michelle's and even though I brought my beading stuff to work on while the kids played, I didn't touch them. So I hung out with Michelle all day resting and waiting for the wind to calm down so I could ride home. Finally around 4pm I looked outside and it started to sprinkle and it was still windy. After much deliberation I decided to leave the bike there and Michelle gave us a ride home. Curtis will be picking it up on his way home.
I learned my lesson. I'm not riding my bike again on a windy day unless it's an emergency! For now, I'm just going to have to wait for the weather to get a little better before getting out on that bike again.
4 comments:
Yeah; I think the carrier is what really made it tough!!! That thing's gotta DRAAAAAAAG in the wind! ;-)
Aaah, Your too dang skinny anyway. I need to pull the trailer in the wind up a hill in the snow! We had to go to school like that when I was a kid! LOL
Ah come on Mom your too young to use that comment! And Deedra, sounds like something I would do. LOL. Oh well, live and learn.
Tamara
Sometimes I feel like that is what I should do to save on gas. Guess that I will take your experience and only do things like that on nice days. What an adventure!
Post a Comment