Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rash

Okay, I need some help on what I should (or shouldn't) do. Jack has had this rash the last couple of days and it is pretty much all over his head. Is it just something that's happening because he's growing and that it will clear out soon on its own or should I have the pediatrician look at him? I thought I'd ask everyone first in case you've had the same thing with your kids, before I go spending money needlessly on the doctor. Just before I took this picture I had cleaned his head over the sink and scrubbed it up pretty good in case it might be cradle cap or something like it. It's even on his ears too.




15 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't have anything here... sometimes Kiddo had blotches from his skin temp regulating, but that's different. Good luck! Might call the ped's office in case they have an after-hours service...

Becca's Blog said...

Hmmm, could it be a heat rash? A couple of my kids had a reddish rash when they were babies and it was a heat rash. I think babies can't regulated their body temperatures very well so perhaps he is too warm at times. If in doubt, go get it checked out or even just call the nurse and see what they suggest. Hope you get it figured out!

Unknown said...

Hmm - just looked even further & found another article that suggests heat rash...

Heather said...

no clue. laundry detergent allergies perhaps...
I don't know - you can always call "ask a nurse."

Curtis and Deedra said...

Garrett broke out once w/different laundry soap so I'm glad you mentioned that Heather because I did start using a different detergent for the kids last week. I just washed a bunch of clothes yesterday and so today I decided to rewash all of his clothes with our original soap. Hopefully that works.
If it's heat rash, I've tried to keep him cooler by having him in a short sleeved onesie w/ pants.

Thanks for the input!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is. I am just Happy to see more pictures of the cutie pie.

curtis

Heather Palmer said...

Blake got some weird rashes on his forehead after he was born too. I'm not sure if it was the same thing but newborns do get weird skin stuff. I would call your Dr. office and just ask and see what they say. I would also give him a little time to see what it does.

Shannon and Doug said...

London got that same rash at one month old. The Dr.Told me it was newborn rash and is super common. London has SUPER sensitive skin and it eventually just cleared up on its own. I think you should call the nurse at the dr. office and ask her what you should do. It could also be something you ate maybe that he has a food alergy to. But it honestly looks just like the one London had. Look up newborn rash on google.

Vernie and Tony said...

My guess would be the detergent or heat too but I'd still call the nurse and describe it to her and see what she says. Does it seem to bother him?

Anonymous said...

It looks like what they call prickly heat. It happens when the baby gets sweaty. It's pretty common. One of my kids had it and the doctor said just to keep there skin clean and dry. And if they spit up wash them up and make sure the're dry so the spit up doesn't irritate there skin. Hope this helps a little. Lol I'm sure you'll try everything...we all do:) anything to keep the kiddos happy. :)

Heather said...

Emma has a rash like this, but in sploches. It was just the way her body reacted to virus that she had got, and it cleared up in a week. Hopefully little Jack is feeling better now though.

ChrisandTamara said...

Katelynn got rash all over herself from Roseola - (that is when she had the seizure from fever). Has he had any fever? Even if it is something like Roseola (a virus lots of kids get) other than watching the fever - you just wait till the rash goes away. (The fever came before the rash set in - rash set in a day or 2 later).

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

My Pediatritian said that any rash before two months old should be treated as an emergancy and they should be taken in ASAP. Better to be safe.

Anonymous said...

boring SNOOREE ZZZZzzzzzzzz

my name is derick I have a cat and I like the cure

YAWN !

Anonymous said...

My daughter has the same problem, and it seemed to get worse everyday. I took her to her doctor and he told me that it is a form of cradle cap. He also told me to treat it with Head and Shoulders Intensive Care or Selsun Blue (as long as it has Selenium Sulfide in it). He said to wash it daily with the shampoo, making sure I do not get it in her eyes, and then to apply a hydrocortisone cream (Cortisone 10) afterwards, and to allpy the cream at least one other time during the day. He told me to do this for 10 days. So far it has only been 5 days and her face and head look about 75% better. Also, from what I have read on this form of cradle cap, It is best to keep the skin moisturized, several time a day to prevent it from coming back. Hope this has helped.

-Kassie
kcopeland87@yahoo.com