Sunday, July 12, 2009

My success story

Okay, I decided that it's my turn to share my before and after photos. And no worries, I kept my clothes on. You don't want to see what's under there (stretch marks & wrinkles), hehe :)

Remember this picture? It was taken on 2/19/09 (2 weeks after having baby)
I weighed about 143 then.


This was taken today.

Drum roll please......

I now weigh 123.5!

I still can't believe it. I'm almost to my weight I was in high school. I've lost more than I set out to lose. It's so exciting to actually accomplish my goals. And I'm sure everyone wants to know how I did it. It's a combination of breastfeeding, no birth control (kind of pointless right now), eating smaller portions, eating less meat, and keeping an active life style. Just remember the word of wisdom, moderation in all things. When I started to lose weight I was working out but I haven't actually worked out in the past month because of sick kids and vacations. I've just been staying busy w/my kids and my home. And I've been snacking more throughout the day instead of having full on meals, and still drinking water when I remember to. I also read about cinnamon helping to lose weight. They say "the spice mimics your body's insulin, which stimulates fat cells and allows excess sugar to move out of the blood. Try to get a teaspoon a day - top oatmeal or applesauce with it." I personally have been putting it in my oatmeal almost every day. And of course it always helps to make healthier choices when eating. You know, getting more veggies and fruit in your diet.

Oh, and one more thing I remember seeing on the news. Getting a good amount of sleep (7-8 hrs I think) every night will also help in losing weight. They did a study with some people that the only thing they changed about their routine was getting more sleep and all those people lost weight. So when your body says it's tired, listen to it.

Good luck to all those out there who are trying to lose weight. You can do it!

13 comments:

Celeste said...

Way to go Deedra!!! You look amazing! You and Curtis need to get some sexy shots in your swimsuits at the cabin now. lol :) You are an inspiration to me that you did it without "dieting" and just changing your life style.

Anonymous said...

from: Curtis

"Acha Kom!" As they say in India. I didn't realize you've lost that much. 20 pounds thats AMAZING!

Congrats on being a big loser like me!

Lindz_e said...

You look great =)

Amanda said...

man!! that's so great! congrats on the weight loss! i haven't lost any of mine, but that's okay (i'm actually at my high school weight) i enjoy the extra weight makes me feel sexier ;). I just want to tone it up. I love me my oreos though!! Yum Yum, they're my new nictotine since i quit smoking. better the oreos than the smokes. good job to you and curtis!!

Vernie and Tony said...

YOU KIDS ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION! You really look great! I was thinking last Sunday that you looked like you had lost more! Way to go! I'm gonna have to try the cinnamon! Curtis and you are gonna be amazed whan ya see each other!
Guess me and Dad are gonna have to take a before picture! Then we need to really work on it! SCARY

Heather said...

You inspire me. I have been trying to figure out how to loose what I want to. Guess I have to stop trying to figure it out and do it. You and Curtis look amazing.

Chris & Princess said...

that's great Deedra! I hope that I can lose all my baby fat after that babe's born. Way to go!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Wahoo! Good job Deedra! Thanks for the tips. I'm hopefully losing weight, but who knows. I'm just trying to lose anything right now, but in the long run get back to my college size or about the size I was when I got married. Don't want to go back to highschool it was kind of gross skinny.

OH and did that black shirt used to be Michelle's I swear I've worn it before.

Curtis and Deedra said...

Yeah Brigitte, that shirt used to be Michelle's.

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done, sis!!! :-) That's a major accomplishment - especially being so busy! :-) You do look great!!! :-)

Heather said...

good work - I am still a fatty. Don't remind me how long ago I had Rowan. One of these days I'll get on it.....I hope! You look great. You and Curtis wont be able to keep your hands off each other!

Heather Palmer said...

You look fantastic! Way to go skinny!

ChrisandTamara said...

I haven't been on the computer all week. Didn't see this post till just now. You look great! Great job! So you gave all those tips but you didn't mention what working out you were doing before July. Do tell. What work-outs, how many days a week, etc.