Oh, that's right...27. Believe it or not there were several times throughout this last year that I actually forgot how old I was. I know, pathetic. I think I was thinking more about how old my kids are rather than myself. Keeps me feeling young, ha ha. Not that I'm feeling old though.
My yummy birthday carrot cake Laverne (Mom) made for me.
My yummy birthday carrot cake Laverne (Mom) made for me.
I think Nikki was happy I was getting sung to on my birthday because she told me they were supposed to sing to me in primary today but they didn't. I told her I'm not one of the teachers so they didn't know it was my birthday. I was just in there to be with Garrett.

Laverne gave me the apple with Curtis' picture, a journal, a necklace, and a package of notecards that match the journal. Thanks Mom!

My gift from Nikki that she made all by herself. On the way home from church she said she needed someone to take her to the store to buy me a present for my birthday but I told her she didn't have to buy me something. Plus we don't go shopping on Sundays. I told her she could make me something, so that's just what she did and I love it :)
For my birthday this year we had lots of my family and my husband's family come over to my house to have cake and ice cream and visit. It was a great time and I had a wonderful birthday. Thanks to my moms for being in charge of everything :) I also had the pleasure of talking to my husband on the phone in the morning before going to church and he sent me some things via email for my birthday. I loved them. Thanks babe! I love you!! Oh, and another gift I received was a BIG Twix candy bar from my brother Stillman and his family. Yummy! Thanks bro!!





6 comments:
How funny! We posted all the same pictures but a differnet view! LOL
Hope you had a Happy Birthday!
I'm glad you had a great birthday! I love the kiss me goodnight sign you got. Happy (Late) Birthday!
Nikki is so cute. I remembered last year to offer to take her to the store for Christmas for you. I don't remember if I ended up needing to do that though. I think we ended up having them make ornaments for you. If I had my head on straight on Saturday I would have had her get you something. We took her to Wal-Mart with us, when we got the candy bar, I don't know why I didn't think to have her get you something. I did ask her for her advice on the candy though. Oh well, I think the flower is better than anything we could have bought.
Looks like a great time! Sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate with you!
Eh, I don't think losing track of how old you are means you're old - I think it means you have better things do with your mental energy! ;)
Hope the week's been going well for you, and I'm glad we got to see you on Sunday! :) Happy #72! ... er... 27! ;)
I'm glad you had a good birthday. Nikki is so sweet.
Post a Comment