Friday, June 18, 2010

My trip to Utah, Part 2

Here is the 2nd part of my Utah trip. Just to warn you now, there are A LOT of pictures. It was hard to narrow them down and I took more pictures than I thought I did. So enjoy!



Nikki and Grandma Marsha making blackberry jam.


While the girls were making jam in the real kitchen the boys were downstairs having a great time with the toy kitchen. They are really starting to enjoy playing with each other.


This is at the school playground right next to my grandma's house. It has a futuristic look to it. I loved this teeter totter though because you could ride it by yourself. It never hits the ground because it has a spring in the middle that just makes it bounce. Even I rode it, ha ha.


Garrett going down the slide.


Nikki and Garrett falling asleep on Aunt Karen. We wore them out.


Jack asleep on Grandma's lap (this was a different time from when the other two kids were asleep)


We went to the local carnival and I got to ride the Ferris Wheel with Nikki and Garrett. They each got to ride the Carousel too.


Had to get a generations picture before we left. My grandma, my mom, me, and Nikki.


Now this is at Thanksgiving Point at the petting zoo. This is an egg that was hatching. I guess I skipped a picture when I was uploading because there was supposed to be one above this with Nikki and Jack looking at some baby chicks. Oh well. It's after midnight, I'm tired.


This is a big scale they had that compared their weight to farm animals. They had fun with this and I even got on with them too. I think we weighed the amount of 3 sheep or something.


Nearby where they do a carriage ride they had these little buildings that the kids went inside. I think this one was a bank.


And here's the jail.


For some reason Garrett really liked the jailhouse. Should I be worried? ha ha


In another building they had things about farming and crops and the different insects that could be good or bad for crops. Jack is holding onto a big tire that has slots in it for where the kids could pretend to plant seeds with some cards that had pictures of different plants on them.


An earthworm tunnel. They had fun crawling through like worms.


Here is the truck you would put the little cards on once they were "harvested". It had a conveyor belt that would slide them to the front of the truck. And from there you would put some in a basket and take them to the market in some stands nearby.


Our very own Farmer Garrett.


With our ticket to get in we had the choice of doing a pony ride or carriage ride. Nikki was the only one that ended up doing anything because it was incredibly windy outside and she wanted the pony ride. My aunt just kept the other tickets to use for her grandkids some other day.


Nikki at my cousin's wedding breakfast. The food was really good. It was the first time I'd ever had a rolled up omelet.


Garrett is enjoying himself. Because we had assigned seating we were put at a table where we didn't know anyone but Garrett quickly made friends with the guy sitting next to him. They were sword fighting with their knives at one point.


Nikki had me take several pictures of her by the Salt Lake Temple while we were waiting for my cousin to come out of her wedding sealing. I think she's practicing. She even told me before this wedding that she wanted to get married in the Salt Lake Temple.


Me and Jack at the wedding reception.


Jack was looking at the camera so I snapped a shot of him. It turned out pretty cute I think.


My grandparents taking a whirl on the dance floor.


Nikki stopped dancing so I could get a picture of her.


The happy couple who just got married.


They had their reception at Wheeler Farm in SLC. When I heard it was going to be in a barn I was a little worried but as you can see it's actually pretty nice. Hard floors and everything.


Jack at my aunt's house. He had so much fun pushing that chair around. I would be sitting on the chair trying to watch a movie and he would keep spinning me in circles. I finally had to move so I could watch my show.


Garrett trying to get the blowing bubbles down. You can see he got some.

Well, it is almost 1am right now so I'm sorry there aren't more details about everything we did but I guess if you really want to know more you can just ask me personally :) I hope you enjoyed the pictures though.

1 comment:

Vernie and Tony said...

It's great to see the remainder of your trip pictures! I'm glad you got to get away for so long and have a wonderful mini vacation with the kids!