Thursday, September 9, 2010

This and That

I knew I wasn't going to be as good about blog posting after Curtis returned home but there are several things that I wanted to post about this last month that I'm finally getting to. It's been a fun month!

My sister in law Jeanie came to visit last weekend and fixed Nikki's hair up pretty.

This is her princess hair. She did this Monday night during the BSU game at my in-law's home.


I had never done a braid like this so Jeanie had showed me how to do it but it wasn't until several days later (today) that I finally had time to try it out for Nikki to wear to school.

After starting over about 5 times or so I finally got it. It doesn't look exactly like how Jeanie did it but I think it turned out pretty good and I was getting frustrated too. Now all I need are some of those big cute flower clips/bows. I'm going to have to learn how to make some. I also need someone to teach me how to do some more cute hairstyles.


Labor Day weekend we spent up in the mountains again and Saturday night we enjoyed cooking tinfoil dinners and then roasting marshmallows for smores. Jack is enjoying his marshmallow.


Eating smores can make you act silly.



Curtis roasted some perfectly brown marshmallows and my cousin Alivia enjoyed every bite of it. We just had to get a picture of a perfect smore.


Curtis and Nikki had a little fun in the water Saturday afternoon. It was too cold for me or the boys.


Saturday morning we went on a beautiful hike up at Ponderosa State Park. This is the same hike we did last year except we went a lot further this time. We hiked about 1 1/2 to 2 miles and Garrett almost walked the entire distance. We're so proud of him!



These are the marsh lands. So beautiful!



Nikki and I started this art project at my mother in law's house over a month ago and we finally finished it last week. It's a dragonfly mobile. Now to hang it in her room.


Ready for church.


We finally did some thrift shopping and got the boys some proper church clothes. We actually already had this tie. Anyone recognize it? It's from Nikki's costume the year we did the "Harry Potter" theme for Halloween. Guess that means he's in Gryffindor!



And after a month of having a loose tooth it finally came out a couple of weeks ago! And now the other bottom one is loose too. This is Nikki's first lost tooth and yes, the tooth fairy came. The funny thing is that Nikki wanted the tooth to look very clean so she could get more money from the fairy. So we bleached it. It definitely looked a lot better after it was bleached. Whiter than my teeth, ha ha.


And August 18th was Nikki's first day of school and her first year going all day every day. She loves it. I love it too because now I drop her off at school and go straight to the Rec Center to workout with my sister. Nikki was too old for the playcenter so I had to wait to go back until after school started.

7 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

Great Post!!! I love Nikki's new hair style! It is absolutely darling!! Looks like you've been staying busy since Hubby's return and able to do some things that were not possible when he was gone! So happy for you!!

ChrisandTamara said...

Nikki is growing up so fast! Wow -that braid looks difficult. Good job! So did the tooth fairy leave a good tip for that bleached tooth? I'm so glad you have been enjoying having your hubby home. Great pics and post.

ChrisandTamara said...

P.S. Love the dragonfly mobile. Very cute!

Heather Palmer said...

You have had a busy time since your hubby has been home! Jack looks so big in his ready for church picture. (PS I can't believe you have a daughter old enough for first grade- I remember YOU in first grade!)

Stillman and Michelle said...

You'll have to show us where you go hiking. Our hike didn't turn out very good. We had fun though.

lindz_e said...

I have a lot of blogs I look at that teach you step by step how to do cute hair styles. If you are interested in looking at them just go to my blog. They are all on there.

aguszikrul said...

sweet..... your child. i like this,,,, beautifull