Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Jack is 2!

Jack turned 2 on Saturday!  We went to my in laws that evening where he opened his first gift.
 A wooden puzzle train!  Can you tell he's saying "choo choo"?

 Sunday evening we celebrated with a little party.  After doing a cupcake cake for Nikki's birthday I decided to do one for Jack.  Somehow cupcakes just taste better, more moist.  No specific shape this time.  I just squished them together and frosted them like a regular cake.  I used decorations that I have had since Nikki was a baby (except the candle).

 He was clapping and cheering as great grandpa came in while I was trying to get a picture of him.  He was so happy he even ran around giving everyone hugs.

 This was his "big" present and I think his favorite.  Although, Garrett loves it just as much.  The best part is that this car was given to me by a friend in my ward for FREE.  I consider it a blessing because work has been really slow for Curtis lately and money is extremely tight right now.  So I'm very thankful.  He also received 2 books, a bowling set (from the dollar store) and some clothes.  He was so cute because he was very excited about getting clothes.  He kept saying "clothes!".  Not very often you see a small child get excited about clothes as a gift.



Sippin cider!
Last Friday we took a walk after Nikki got home from school because it was actually nice enough and we really wanted to get out of the house.  We walked Nikki over to a friends house to play.  The boys and I kept going and by the time we got home we were pretty cold.  So I made some hot chocolate and apple cider.  We can't wait until it gets warmer so we can take walks all the time!  :)

3 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

It wasa very fun Birthday party!! Little Jack was soooooo excited! It made it all that much more special!!

Unknown said...

Yay!!! :) He's such a cutie, and he's getting so big! :) Thanks for having us all over, and yes, it was so neat that he was excited for his clothes!!! :)

Heather Palmer said...

I can't believe he is 2! What a sweet little guy.