On August 6th my sweet cousin Alivia was married and sealed for Eternity in the Bountiful, UT Temple. We were fortunately able to attend and it was a trip worth taking. Friday the 5th they started with a "Preception" where we dressed casually and basically had a BBQ party at the park. I even played a couple rounds of tennis with my brother Stillman. Neither of us had played in years but it was so fun! We'll be playing again soon ;) Then Saturday was the sealing in the late afternoon, which I was thankful for because I needed extra sleep from staying up late the night before playing a video game on the Kinect all about dancing. That was at my other brother Derek's house where we were staying. I loved playing that game! Anyway, I caught a picture of the happy couple after coming out of the temple.
Cory and Alivia sealed for Eternity!
After the ceremony all the family and friends met at Chuck A Rama's for dinner which we were pleasantly surprised to find out it was being paid for by the groom's family. We were this close to going to Carl's Jr. or just paying for ourselves at Chuck A Rama's because we didn't know anyone was paying for us. It was a good thing I knew what Cory's last name was because they asked if we were part of their party. No way am I going to pass up a free meal, lol.
Sunday we attended church with my brother and family, along with my other brother, sister and their families. The women in Relief Society thought my sister and I were twins because we both said where we were from at the same time. We are 5 years apart in age and I'm the youngest. Funny enough this is not the first time we've been mistaken to be twins! So funny!
After a couple hours of relaxing after church we headed out to visit my mom, grandma, aunts, and cousins. They too were kind enough to provide dinner for us. It was a nice relaxing time of eating, talking, and playing yard games. And the kids had fun throwing rocks in the creek. Here are some pictures:
My 90 year old grandmother, my son Jack, and me watching everyone play.
First they played a couple of tossing games. One they have to lasso the blue, yellow, or red bar with a rope that has a ball on each end. I can't remember the name of it. The other was a washer toss game in boxes.
My sister doing the lasso game.
My niece Katelynn playing around with the bean bag toss game.
Me trying out the washer toss game.
Now time for a little croquet.
The cousins playing in the gravel by the playset.
The kids had fun riding around on the trikes.
Family picture of all that were there that evening out of my brothers and sisters and our kids with my mom in the center. It was a good time!
More pictures to come soon for the rest of our trip!










1 comment:
Glad to see a post of your trip!! So glad you were all able to get together with your gramma and mom!! Looks like it was a great trip for all of you! We sure enjoyed ourselves too!
Post a Comment