I'm getting more and more behind on blogging so I'm going to have to skip Christmas and go straight into Curtis's short visit home, January birthdays, and Nikki's baptism.
 |
| The boys down on the ground at the airport watching the doors, anxiously awaiting Daddy's return! |
 |
| Nikki waiting for Daddy. |
 |
| Finally, 3 1/2 months of waiting is over and we are reunited!....well, just for 12 days. But it was worth it! |
 |
| Curtis missed his birthday and Christmas so one of the first things we did was have him open some gifts. He got some nice BSU cups and a flashlight, besides the things we had mailed to him. Check out the white clothes he's wearing! Those are Afghanistan clothes. He bought them to use to baptize Nikki in but when she had her interview with the Bishop the Sunday before, Bishop requested that he not wear them because it might distract from the spirit of the meeting. Oh well, they still make comfortable lounge around in clothes! |
 |
| Jack and I watching Daddy. |
 |
| On the 9th we went out to Sizzler for dinner as a family. |
 |
| Jack and Daddy enjoying the food. |
 |
| Me and Nikki. I had picked out both of those hats for my own Christmas present since Curtis wasn't here. Nikki really wanted to wear the black one so we could match |
 |
| When the waitress asked how old the kids were I had mentioned that Nikki would be 8 in two days so the waitress brought Nikki a special birthday treat. She loved it! She was already really full so she couldn't finish it. She asked for a paper to write on so she could leave the waitress a note. It said something like "Sorry, I was too full to finish it" and signed her name. I think that's all she wrote but I can't remember. I just thought it was so cute at how thoughtful she was acting. |
 |
| Nikki's birthday was on the 11th but we couldn't celebrate until the 12th. But she told me she wanted this kind of cake this year, which was fine with me. It was easy and delicious! |
 |
| Looks like she's making a wish. |
 |
| I think these were her two favorite gifts that night. A zhu zhu pet (toy hamster) and the rollerblades. Of course she loved all her other gifts too! |
 |
| The very next day Nikki had a party with friends. She's all ready and waiting for her guests to arrive. I gave her the choice between donuts or cake. Since she wanted to do a donut eating contest she went with the donuts. It was fun to be able to use our new "cupcake" holder for the mini donuts...and Nikki's sponge cake on top (from the previous day). We were crazy enough to have 18 kids running around our house that night but it was fun. We made it clear that we would not be doing a big friends party like this every year ;) |
 |
| Now the big day that Nikki has been anxiously awaiting ALL YEAR LONG! To finally reach the age of accountability and follow the example of our Savior Jesus Christ by being baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. |
 |
| Her brothers are happy for her too. |
 |
| Nikki with Mommy and Daddy before the baptism. |
 |
| And us again after the baptism and Nikki wearing her new outfit. Her Grandma Butterfield bought the dress and had to add the sleeves. She did an awesome job! She also made her the white flower in her hair and the necklace and bracelets. She let her borrow her clip on pearl earrings. I was lucky enough to find some nice white shoes to wear with the dress. Not easy to find white shoes this time of year! |
 |
| Nikki with her great grandparents, GG & GG Norton. |
 |
| Nikki with her great grandma Port (whom Nikki was named after for her middle name) and grandma and grandpa Butterfield. |
 |
| We had a great turn out on both sides of our family at the baptism. A couple of our neighbors came also but they weren't in the photo because they had to take off right after it was done to feed their kids dinner, but we really appreciated EVERYONE who came! It made Nikki's night extra special! |
 |
| Nikki with Gramdma Vernie and Grandpa Tony. |
 |
| Our little angel princess. We are so proud and happy of her decision! |
 |
Not only did Nikki have a birthday but my birthday is 6 days after hers. So we celebrated my birthday by going out to eat with our parents and grandparents and brother and sister in law to Mongolian BBQ. I haven't eaten there in a long time so I was in the mood for it and I'm glad we did. It was delicious! One more year until the big 30! Going to have to try and enjoy my last year in my 20's the best I can!!!
I will make another post in a few days about some of the other things we did while Curtis was home, mainly our trip to the Discovery Center. Stay tuned! |
2 comments:
It's hard to keep up on a blog when your busy with 3 little kids but I sure enjoy reading them when they get posted. It was a fun month! Now on to Feb.
Nikki looks so pretty in her white dress. That looks like a yummy b-day cake. What flavor was it on the inside? Perfect timing to have Curtis home for the baptism.
Post a Comment