Sunday, April 8, 2012

Playing blog catch up!

It's hard to play catch up on a blog but I wanted to share a few photos from the last couple of months and then I'll share our Easter photos in the next post.  Sorry these took so long Curtis (and other family)!


Our little Jack turned 3 and since he doesn't like cake very much we decided to do something different for him.

A robot cake made out of donuts and candy (Rolos, Life Savers, Twizzlers)!  I found the initial idea on the internet but changed a few things such as the face.  It was a hit and Jack loved it!  He got to eat the head, which was berry filled and he ate the WHOLE thing!  Once he likes something it doesn't take long for him to get it down. 

This was his favorite gift.

Garrett finally learned how to spell and write his own name by himself!  He's also starting to color and draw stick figures.  He was never interested in coloring before so I'm excited that he is now.
We went on a shopping trip with Grandma B and this is what they looked like on the ride home.  Grandma had bought Garrett a sucker and he fell asleep with it still in his mouth.
The boys all ready for church wearing their new sweaters.
Nikki can blow bubbles with her gum better than I can!
Our silly boys!
Playing online games with Daddy while he was on vacation.

The kids just loved being able to play games with their Daddy.  I think their favorite was the online bowling.
Nikki got creative for general conference.  She made our own pulpit out of a box and toilet paper roll and propped it up on pillows.  The first speaker was "Teddy S. Monson".  And in this picture Nikki and Garrett are singing in the choir.

The next speaker was "Garrett F. Uchtdorf".

Followed by "Nikki O. Uchtdorf".  They must have liked that last name since they both used the same one.  I have to admit I love Dieter F. Uchtdorf too!  Nikki even made name tags for all three of them (the bear, Garrett, and herself).  I have to say it was a pretty cool idea for her to do this.  Usually kids are not interested at all and so bored but this made it fun for both of them.  They would even repeat the words of whoever was speaking to pretend like it was their talk.  Conference was great all around!

3 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

Glad to see someone post besides me!! lol
That was extremely clever of Nikki for conference!! I'll have to start calling her Sister Uchtdorf! lol

Too cute!
I enjoyed the pictures!!

Vernie and Tony said...

PS: The boys looked very handsome in their new sweaters!!

ChrisandTamara said...

So cute the kids pretending to give talks and sing in the choir. very creative pulpit. Great job Garrett on writing your name! Like the new sweaters. Great bubble blowing Nikki. That was a cool robot cake.