As promised here are more pics from our time with Curtis home and our vacation around Idaho. This time it was up to northern Idaho to visit my brother Stillman and his family. We also decided to try out a new theme park that none of us have ever been to before.
 |
The drive up to Lewiston was absolutely beautiful! We had pulled over right here to take this picture in Grangeville I think. I just couldn't believe how beautiful everything was and why I had never been up this way before!
I loved the yellow fields. I believe those are canola plants.
Our first outing when we got to Lewiston was to the Zany Graze restaurant where there was a clown making balloons for everyone who wanted one. Nikki had the penguin; Jayden had a motorcycle; Jack had a dog; Alex had an orca (killer whale); and Garrett got a train. He was the best balloon artist we have ever seen!
The next day it was off to Silverwood theme park near Coeur d'Alene and the first ride we took was the train since it was about to leave anyway. This train ride is a lot better than the one at Lagoon! It takes you back into some beautiful scenery and buffalo, and halfway they stop to have a little train robbery show where they had everyone putting their hands up! It was pretty funny. They did a good job.
Here's where we stopped and that's one of the train robbers, who knocked out our conductor inside that little shed.
At the train depot.
And what's a trip to the theme park without riding the carousel?
Getting ready to watch a fun magic show featuring Nick Norton. We were in a dark room and yet Jack is still wearing his sunglasses. Funny kid!
This is the first roller coaster Garrett and Nikki have ever ridden. They were scared by the end of it but by the end of the day Nikki was addicted to the big roller coasters. Although next time we'll start with the kid roller coaster, which we found later. All the kids enjoyed that one.
Who said an elephant couldn't fly?
Love this shot of Jack and Daddy on the ferris wheel.
I think this was Garrett's favorite ride. Because the lines were pretty short he rode this one lots of times.
Having fun together!
You WILL get wet on this ride!
In fact, you may get soaked! I was glad Garrett and I sat out on that ride. We stayed nice and dry.
We wore these kids out!
Since we hadn't eaten dinner yet we stopped at Texas Roadhouse in Coeur d'Alene. Jack was so tired he slept the whole time we were there. No need to order anything for him.
It was a very fun day and so glad we went! Now time for the long ride back to Lewiston, which was about 2 hrs.
Even though I took a lot more pictures than this, that's all the pics for today. I can only post so many. Hopefully I will get more pics posted sooner next time.
|
1 comment:
I'm so glad you enjoyed Silverwood. We are looking forward to a trip there next year. It looks like such a fun place to visit! Just hope it's warm in June because I want to get wet on that ride! lol Now I can't wait to see posts of Australia!!! YAY!!
Post a Comment