Saturday, July 13, 2013

We're so glad when Daddy comes home!

Curtis finally came home on May 29th and it's been busy ever since! We are so happy to have him home for good....again!
Curtis's first Sunday back we took a little trip after church to the wildlife preserve at Lake Lowell. The kids got to see the trash robots (robots made out of garbage picked up on the preserve).

After walking the trail we found a good spot to throw rocks in the water.
Me and my girl resting in the shade.  I was so tired I had to find a place to sit while the kids threw rocks.  Note to self, never go on long walks on Fast Sunday again!
The following weekend we went to Lion's Park with a lot of my family who were in town for my cousin's wedding.  I caught 2 of my boys hanging out in the shade. Garrett is loving having daddy home again.
After about 5 or 6 months of having this pottery wheel (she got it for Christmas), Nikki finally got to use it and make her first pot. Messy but fun!

And Curtis bought a new truck.  We can't wait to use it camping this summer!

Nikki decided her hair was too long and making her hot. She's been wanting it short for awhile so I finally gave in.  Here's the before front shot.

The before back shot.

And grandma Butterfield cutting it all off!

The after front shot.

And the after back shot.  She loves it!  I kept going back and forth on whether I liked it but now that I'm used to it I love it on her too  :)

We spent our anniversary traveling to and from Pocatello for a Butterfield family reunion.  There were some foam swords for the kids to play with so the boys were having at each other! They especially enjoyed chasing the big boy cousins around and ganging up on them.

A fun activity for the kids was to make some paper rockets.

Then launch them as high and far as we could using pipes and a 2 liter pop bottle. It was such a fun and great idea!

We took a trip to the Idaho Aquarium in Boise.  It was our first time and it was so fun!

We saw tons of tropical fish that you would only find in the ocean.  Lots of them we recognized from "Finding Nemo".

There's even some you can touch!  These are manta rays and small sharks.

Hanging out with the scuba diver  :)

Garrett looks a little worried about having his hand in that crab.

Nikki fell in love with the manta rays and was asking to have one for a pet.  I have to admit I thought they were pretty cute too.

The sharks were more difficult to reach for petting but we found a spot where it was shallow and this particular shark that he's petting was just doing circles around the tank. The sharks were a little more bumpy and rough skinned than that of the smooth slippery manta rays.

Jack was a little scared to pet them but enjoyed putting his hands in the water and watching them.

Garrett and Nikki

Jack and Nikki
Since we were gone to Pocatello all day on our anniversary we didn't celebrate until the following Friday night.

We celebrated with Dad and Laverne. It was my dad's birthday so we all went to Goodwood BBQ.  It was the first time for Curtis and me and the food was very yummy!

Wow, that's a lot of ribs! It was my first time eating ribs and they were delicious! Afterward we went over to the theater and watched the newest Star Trek movie.  It was very good! Happy 11th anniversary!

2 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

So fun to read what you've been up to. Nikki's hair looks so cute, and I'm so glad Curtis is back for good! You must have all missed him so much.

Laverne said...

YAY!! Love to read new posts!!! I LOVE Nikki's hair cut! It's darling! It's so great to have Curtis home and see all the fun things you do together! It will be fun to have you ALL at the Berezay Family Reunion this year!