Thursday, July 30, 2020

Pioneer Day and Hair Cuts

Since last Friday was Pioneer Day for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we decided it would be fun to play the old Oregon Trail game as a family on Sunday afternoon. We could only have 5 family members so Alice and Charlotte weren't part of the trek but they watched...for a little while, before taking off to play their own thing. Curtis was in charge of the keyboard and everyone else just watched and helped make decisions. It was fun but sadly Curtis was the only one who made the whole trip. Nikki, Garrett and I drowned when we tried to float across the Snake River in Idaho. Jack kept breaking either an arm or a leg, and getting fevers. He eventually died either in Idaho or Oregon. They didn't say how he died. It just said "Jack has died". Curtis was 4 miles away from his destination and finishing the game when his last oxen was stolen. He had to wait around for someone who would trade him food for an oxen so he could finish, LOL. This was a game that I think was new when I played it in 4th or 5th grade. We were able to play it online. We sang some pioneer songs for church in the morning and listened to a talk about pioneers. After the Oregon Trail game we took a little break for dinner but then finished off the day with watching "17 Miracles". I swear I cry every time. I love that movie and "Ephraim's Rescue".  It gives me such a greater appreciation for the pioneers.




On Monday I was cleaning out part of Charlotte's closet and was going through her school papers. I found that she had a Kindergarten diploma certificate and I had not gotten a picture of yet. Well, better late than never! Here's our 2020 Kindergarten graduate! Our family also got a certificate for a job well done on distance learning for doing school from home during the pandemic. That was nice.


Monday evening we scheduled hair cuts for Nikki and Charlotte at a friend of ours in our ward. Charlotte went first so that she could play with her friend Tess. Nikki kept going back and forth on what to do with her hair. At first she wanted to color it just to make it different but then she ultimately decided she wanted to try a super short hair do, boy style basically. I wasn't too keen on her trying something that short but decided to let her do it since she's old enough to make that decision. She loves it. Curtis and I aren't crazy about it but as long as she's happy that's what matters.









Alice was with us so that she could play with the twins that are her age. She kept saying that she wanted her hair cut too like Charlotte's (which actually sounds like Harlott's, lol). When we got in the car to go home she was still saying that she wanted her hair cut. I tried telling her that her hair wasn't really long enough for one yet but in the end I contacted my friend Amanda and we went over the next morning and got her hair trimmed to match Charlotte's. It was basically just making the back even with the front so not much got taken off for her first hair cut.

This was before. See, not much to cut off back there.

This was before but we just made the back even with the front.

And now it's her turn. I was going to take an after picture after her hair dried but failed to do that because I was letting the girls play but really it's not much different than before.


Here are some for fun pictures.

Charlotte's hair after it dried after her cut.


The next morning she was dressed so cute in her cute skirt and new black shirt (got it at Walmart on clearance for $1)

I was taking selfies because I was happy with how my hair looked and needed a new profile picture for Facebook.

The girls were waiting for me so that we could go out front and ride bikes since Curtis finally fixed Charlotte's bike, so I got some pictures with the girls.

I decided to use this one as my profile picture because I just love it!

Love these two cuties!

No comments: