Monday, August 17, 2020

Our Niece Gets Married

Last Friday was the day our niece Ashlyn got married. She is one of Casey's daughters. Because of Covid-19 we were not able to attend the ceremony at the temple but the adults were invited to a luncheon at Asiagos in Boise. It was nice because we were actually first inside the building and picked our table before others. We were able to get all of Curtis's family at a table except for Casey and Amber who sat with the bride and groom of course. There were 9 of us at the table. I didn't get a picture though. 

We then drove home and waited around for an hour or so before heading to Boise again for the reception with all of the family. It was held at Quinn's Pond. We are not good at getting pictures with our nieces and nephews at their weddings, etc. so this time we made sure we got a picture with them. However, the sun was very bright and in our eyes. I tried to take pictures without my glasses and my eyes were closed in both shots so I decided I better just put my glasses back on.



After being there for over an hour my kids were getting antsy so I took them over to a playground that was on the other side of the pond. Curtis stayed at the reception to see if he could help with clean up afterwards. This playground was a bit different from most playgrounds. We discovered two slides made out of cement.  The way to get back up was to climb the rocks. I didn't see any stairs. All of the kids enjoyed those, even Nikki.



The reception was going longer than Curtis thought and he decided he needed to leave since he needed to work part of Saturday because of a deadline. So we left for home. Alice decided she wanted to wear her mask in the van. 

I was plenty full from the appetizers and cake served at the reception but everyone else including Curtis wanted to get some fast food. We were almost home and last second decided to go get food at Del Taco from the dollar menu. I was the only one who didn't order anything. Not only was I full but I wasn't feeling very good either. While at the park I had a little case of diarrhea and on the way home I started to feel acid indigestion. The acid indigestion didn't go away until the next afternoon. Because of it I didn't eat breakfast until 10am. I was surprised because Curtis, Jack, Shauna and I went to play tennis at 7:30am on Saturday over at the park by Lincoln Pool and I had plenty of energy for it.

The rest of Saturday was kind of slow since Curtis was working in the office. I decided to sort out our crayons and colored pencils to get ready for distance learning school again. It was something to do while watching more Little House on the Prairie. Things didn't get exciting until we found out about Neptune being found.

1 comment:

Laverne said...

I need to go to Quinn's Pond sometime. Traci and Andrew go there a lot and paddle board. lol Sorry you got ill. Hope your better now. So exciting about Neptune but then so sad he died later. The ordeal must have been too much for him!