I have a friend (Chrystal) who decided that she was going to teach a small group of preschool kids this year since the preschool she had been using for her own kids had to close because of Covid. She asked if Alice wanted to be in the preschool. I have never paid for any of my other kids to do preschool but we decided that since she's the youngest and all the other kids are doing school from home, she needs something for her. So we signed her up and her first day of school was yesterday. She was super excited at first but got a little shy after we got there.
Since Chrystal's husband is a teacher at Skyview High School and he's certified to be a PE teacher they decided to have PE on Wednesdays and invite any siblings who are in Kindergarten or 1st grade to join the PE. Since yesterday was Wednesday, they started with PE. There are 4 preschoolers and each has one sibling that comes for PE on the first half of Wednesday. They decided that the older kids could also eat lunch with the preschoolers after they do PE, then the older kids get picked up. The preschool kids are there from 11am-2pm. The older kids are there from 11-12:30. Alice started to do the PE activities yesterday but then she said she was tired (shy is more like it). I stuck around to let Charlotte do the PE. I wasn't going to at first but finally after about an hour and when Alice was starting to play I slipped out with Charlotte to go home and leave Alice to do her preschool thing. I was told she cried for a little bit when she realized I was gone but then she was fine and did really well following directions. I think this will be really good for her.
Last night we were sitting down to eat dinner and we happen to be eating some beer battered fish filets as part of our meal. So our cat Sage smelled it and decided to join us at the table. Sage seems to be so photogenic and so cute.




1 comment:
That's great! How fun for Alice!!
Post a Comment