The first week of going back to school with the hybrid schedule went pretty well except Jack missed the bus after school on Monday so I had to go pick him up. Nikki seems to be the only one of my kids who doesn't like the hybrid schedule but that's because her schedule changed from the normal high school schedule. The normal schedule would be an A day/B day schedule where they would go to 4 classes each day and alternate but now they do all 8 classes in one day at shortened times. It will be nice when it goes back to normal.
Thursday morning I had to take the boys to school instead of them riding the bus because Garrett needed to take his percussion set to school. It's big and heavy so it would be hard to get on the bus. This was the first time I had to wake up the girls early to take kids to school. Last year whenever I took Garrett early I would just leave Jack in charge of the girls and let the girls sleep longer. With Jack in middle school now I can no longer do that. And since I woke the girls up so early that morning it didn't take long for them to get ready for school and then we had a lot of extra time. Charlotte really wanted to do some painting with some old paints that Nikki gave her (that she got from her art teacher) so I decided why not do some art before school?
A few days ago Jack and I had gone to the dollar store to get some birthday stuff for Garrett and we saw these little art painting kits for Fall and thought it would be fun to do these as a family. We grabbed 2 of each design so we came home with 8 of them, leaving an extra just in case. Charlotte was anxious to do these ever since she saw them but I kept telling her we had to wait and do it as a family because that's what we had intended. I'm so glad I made her wait because it was fun finally doing it together as a family after we went to church this morning. Everyone enjoyed it! Not only was the painting fun to do but having some nice instrumental music playing in the background just made it relaxing as well.













1 comment:
I love that picture of Alice looking at Charlotte!! Would you send it to me so I can put it in my chatbook! I do them from my phone so I need it on my phone. (Does that make sense??) It was fun seeing your family's art projects in person! They all turned out so good! Makes for great Fall decor!!
Post a Comment