Thursday, October 22, 2020

Linder Farms 2020

We weren't sure we were going to make it out to Linder Farms this year but we still wanted to do it, especially since this is their final year. Thankfully our friends, The Flamms, contacted us a couple times about going together again this year and we made our plans. The last several years we have gone with them and it became kind of a tradition so it was fun to go with them again. We finally made plans and went yesterday evening. It was kind of bad timing just because we had lots of wind and it got COLD. I warned the kids that it was probably going to be cold that night so I made each of them pack stuff in their own bag to help them stay warm, like extra jackets and gloves. I wasn't prepared for it to be that windy though! 

So even though it was the last year we didn't end up doing as much. We started with the big hay slide. Then when the Flamms met up with us we headed to the maze so we could do it with daylight. We all split up into our own groups. Nikki went with Eden. The older Flamm girls went with their friends that came. The boys decided to do the bigger maze. Candee with her little girl and me with my two little girls did the small maze. The girls led us all over the place. We ended up coming out the entrance but hey, at least we got out! 😆





We got out long before the older kids so the girls went through the straw bale maze and then back over to the big hay slide. My girls and I were heading over to do the cornbox while Candee chased down her little girl. We were sorely disappointed (but for me not unexpected) that the cornbox was empty thanks to Covid. I had already gotten some tokens so I headed over to get the girls on the swings. Candee didn't have any tokens yet so we split up from there so she could go get some. I didn't see her again until awhile later. Meanwhile, I took my girls to do the swings, the barrel train ride and then to pet and feed the animals. There were goats, a sheep, two donkeys, a pony and two mini yaks. 

Charlotte is on the right with the purple gloves.

Alice is in the pink jacket also with purple gloves.


Nikki then tracked me down to get some tokens so she could go on a ride with her friend Eden. We decided to follow so we could watch. It was right next to the hay slide so of course Charlotte wanted to go again. This time she took Alice up with her and Alice finally rode down the slide, which I kind of missed because Curtis showed up and we were talking about what was going on. Thankfully, Alice did it again and I was able to see her this time. Charlotte and Alice rode down together. It was so cute to see them come out the tunnel slide together. Next thing I know I was taking Alice and the boys to go get food while Curtis watched Charlotte on the slide and then watched Nikki go on the ride. I missed it! I had given the boys some tokens to go do a ride or something. They decided to use their tokens on food instead, lol! Garrett ordered chicken nuggets and a soda while Jack ordered a corn dog and soda. I went ahead and got some fries and of course the mini donuts! I can't go to Linder Farms without getting the donuts!

After freezing our tails off while eating the food we were trying to decide who wanted to go on the hay ride since we hadn't done that yet. The boys ended up going to wait in the van with Curtis while Alice, Charlotte and I went on the hay ride by ourselves. Nikki was still in line getting her own food with Eden. It was a cold ride but it was still fun!


We didn't get a family picture on the haystack like I was hoping to because of the cold windy conditions but that's okay. We still all had a fun time! Sad to see Linder Farms won't be around next year but maybe we'll try The Farmstead or something else.

1 comment:

Laverne said...

OH FUN!! So glad you got to go to the farm!! Especially since it's the last year! :( Cute cute pictures!! It looks fun!