Friday, January 22, 2021

Feline Paralysis

My lifelong best friend Whitney Johnson ordered my birthday present via Amazon this year. Unfortunately it got delayed and didn't make it to my house until Wednesday the 20th. It was funny because she said she finally remembered my birthday (before my birthday) and then this happens, the package gets delayed. Oh well, it was fun to get something late anyway. She saw this shirt and thought it was cute so she got it for me. She also figured I would like it since I seem to be turning into a cat lady. Well, I can't deny it. I'm definitely more a cat person than a dog person.

"Feline Paralysis: 1. The condition in which a person is unable to move due to the presence of a cat in his or her lap."

Yes this really does happen in our household and I would say at least half of us suffer from this...but not just on the lap and here's our proof.

Garrett likes to bury himself in the couches. So Sage took advantage of the situation.

Nikki lays down on the floor and here comes Sage. Grandma got ran over by a reindeer but Nikki got ran over by a cat 😂

She meowed at me while I was taking her picture.

So yes, I really do love the t-shirt. It made me laugh and it's comfortable! And I do like cats 😀

On another note, it has been so nice having Charlotte back in school this week! Now the only thing I have to worry about doing with her is reading. Although, apparently the school district had another meeting this week and decided that Wednesday needs to be an online day so that teachers have time to plan for students attending as well as quarantined students. Starting next week Charlotte will just be at school Mon, Tues, Thur, and Friday.  I got back to doing some preschool things with Alice since she's no longer going to preschool. I also got an appointment made for Alice to get a speech therapy screening. Basically they will test her and listen to her to see if she actually does need speech therapy. I had to do the same thing with Garrett around the same age. Many times we can't understand what she's saying but I think she's slowly improving so we'll see if she needs the help by the time her appointment comes on March 5th.

It also made it a much quieter babysitting day yesterday with all the kids at school except Alice. We pulled out the playdough and kinetic sand and they loved it. I don't know that their girls had ever seen or touched kinetic sand before so they were loving it.

The papers that Alice did this morning. I couldn't really get her to color the pictures unless I helped her do the coloring. It's been fun!

Another thing to note: the boys had an orthodontist evaluate their teeth on Wednesday. They both have some work that need to be done. Fortunately, Jack will not need as much as we thought so it won't cost nearly as much as we thought for him. We're also wanting to get Nikki in to close her gap. They are giving us a family discount on each kid since we have multiple kids visiting them. The great thing is that they have an office payment plan and do not charge interest at all. We thought we'd have to wait and do one kid at a time but it looks like we'll be able to afford it and the boys really need it before things get worse. Garrett has 4 adult molars that just weren't there and we've known that for a long time thanks to our dentist (my brother in law) but I didn't realize it would cause problems. The back molars are starting to lean forward and Garrett apparently grinds his teeth. On one side he has ground right through the enamel on his back molar. He will eventually need a crown. For now, they will need to put some space maintainers in until he gets the braces put on and the teeth start shifting where they need to be. 

Jack is developing a cross bite which is where one of his top teeth are going behind his bottom tooth instead of in front when biting down. They will just put braces on the top 4 teeth. He'll have to get a frenectomy to remove the tissue that's causing his "Butterfield gap" so that the teeth don't bounce back. I can't remember but I think there's something else they said they were going to do as well. They had examined him first and then Garrett. Garrett's is a more complicated case. Nikki had been examined back in 2018 but they want to examine her again. Fortunately, they don't charge anything for the exams and x-rays. Nikki would also have to have the frenectomy done to get rid of her gap, which was the main reason for taking her in. So, we have lots of appointments coming up in February and March!


1 comment:

Laverne said...

That shirt is hilarious! I love it!! WOW, the kids will be having some fun at the dentist....NOT! But it's so good to get that all done.