Garrett came home on Monday with his score from the band festival. I was so worried about him not warming up with his ensemble but I guess I didn't need to be because he scored a Superior! I seriously can't wait to see him in marching band next year.
Charlotte also came home with some fun projects that she did on Monday at school. It's so great to hear her read more and more words. She's learning so much faster now that she's been in school 4 days a week. And even though Alice isn't doing school stuff at home every day I can still see her improving as well. She can already count to 10 and knows many letters of the alphabet. She's going to be so ready for Kindergarten in a year and a half!
The last two days have been a little hectic. I had to take Jack to an orthodontist appt in the morning. Then I dropped Nikki off at the Rec Center so she could exercise (Tues is an online learning day). Jack is going to play tennis this spring and so I needed to take him to get a sports physical. We started to drive over there after dropping off Nikki but Jack said he needed something to get the yucky taste out of his mouth from getting a teeth impression done at his appointment. Curtis still owed him a slushy so I took him to Sonic. I looked up Swaim Chiropractic to double check their hours and it's a good thing I did because on Tuesdays they're only open from 3-6pm and it was close to 1:00 at the time. That is the place where I took Garrett to get his physical two years ago so that's where I was taking Jack. Since we were headed the same direction anyway I took a bill to the post office. If I send money I take it straight to the post office instead of my mailbox. After that we headed back home. A couple minutes after getting home Nikki texts and says she's done, so I'm off again to pick her up.
I ended up taking Jack back to get his physical after I dropped Nikki off at work around 5pm. It was nice because the sign on the door actually said "Masks NOT required". I walked in with a mask on anyway and asked the doctor when we went in. Nope, no masks in here. Surprisingly he said I looked familiar like he remembered me from coming two years ago. Fortunately nobody else was there and since I already had the form filled out and brought it with me he took Jack back right away. No waiting and the exam took maybe 5-10 min. Getting the physical done was smooth sailing but getting Jack registered through the school to play tennis was such a headache! I get that people want to do things online but sometimes it is so frustrating and there's no one to ask questions. Long story short, it took over an hour to figure it out and hopefully I did it right.
I finally got to work on dinner and then I hear Jack say that Alice has thrown up in her room on the carpet. Seriously?!! I was already in a bad mood from the whole tennis sign up and now I have to clean up the carpet. Some days I just really want to get rid of all of our carpet. Such a pain! Then later in the middle of the night Alice wakes me up around 3:45 I think. I ask her if she's feeling okay and she says yes. I get her to go back to bed but then I have a hard time falling asleep and can feel it in my body this morning. Fortunately it was a day I could sleep in a little since no kids go to school. I had to go drop off my van to Mike's Auto Clinic to have them check out the coolant leak they had fixed last fall but I had to drop off Garrett to his school first (to get extra help on science again). My mother in law met me at the auto place and then we drove back to her house since I'm borrowing her truck again. We have some other things to get done on the van as well that last fall we had decided to wait on getting done. It turns out that the leak was easy to fix. Just needed to clamp it up better but because we're doing the other stuff I won't have my van back until Friday most likely.
Only about 20 min after I got home from dropping off the van I had to drive Jack to another orthodontist appointment. He finally got wire put on. Then I had to race over and pick up Garrett at the school. Before Jack's appointment though I decided to check Alice's temperature since she hasn't been acting quite like herself. She had a low fever so I gave her some medicine. She felt better later so I put a movie on for her to watch and I didn't even think about the fact that she was wearing long sleeves and pants. She also grabbed herself a warm fuzzy blanket. I check her temp around 4:30 or so and she was at 103.2! Yikes! Got rid of the blanket and got those warm clothes off. I got her into a t-shirt and skirt then put her in bed without any covers. She ate half of a Pedialyte popsicle and after I gave her some Advil and then she went to sleep. I also turned on the diffuser and the air purifier. That helped to cool down the room. I let her sleep for a couple of hours to see if we could get her temp down before deeming it necessary to go to the doctor or hospital. I went and did some grocery shopping to get some stuff for dinner, etc. I checked her when I got back and she was back down to 99.5. So thankful! I prayed that it would come down and my prayers were answered. Alice continued to sleep through the evening. I only woke her to give her more medicine and a drink. Then she went right back to sleep. Hopefully she'll sleep the whole night tonight and get the much needed rest to get better. And hopefully nobody else gets sick either.
Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that Curtis flew out of town again yesterday for work and won't be back until Friday. Whew! Is it the weekend yet?



1 comment:
You are ONE BUSY MOMMA!! I hope all the kids are better soon! Hang in there! You got this!
Post a Comment