As soon as my friend Ashlie told me that the bunnies were ready to leave their mama last week I was on the hunt for a rabbit cage so we could bring it home as soon as possible. I had found a good used one on craigslist that was in Boise. Fortunately, Ashlie started looking for me also and found one on Facebook Marketplace that was located in Nampa and $10 cheaper. It was a little dirty and some small parts of wire look a little rusted but it was still in good shape so I bought it. I picked it up on Friday and also went to Petco to get some bedding and a litter box. I honestly did not know that bunnies can be litter box trained. I'm not sure if we'll get it to work but I'm going to try. After Charlotte got home she helped clean out the cage since Curtis said this was going to be her bunny (well, hers and Alice's). She was so excited!
As soon as we got the cage cleaned up and everything set up inside we just had to wait for Ashlie to return home so that Charlotte could go get her bunny. Ashlie had been gone most of the day and I didn't find out until later that she had been gone because she had her gallbladder removed. Other than being tired and sore she is doing well.
And finally the bunny came home! There were 5 bunnies to choose from but she already knew which one she wanted. We don't know if it's a boy or girl yet but we have just kind of decided that it's a boy until we know for sure, lol. Charlotte first named it Marshmallow but then after a couple of days I mentioned how fluffy he was looking and said that Fluffy would be a good name so she changed it to Fluffy. I wasn't sure if she was sure about changing the name so I asked her on another day what the bunny's name is. She said Fluffy Marshmallow Butterfield. So I guess that's his name for now unless she changes it again.
![]() |
| Trying out some lettuce. He's eaten lettuce and strawberries so far for fresh foods. |
![]() |
| I wanted to weigh him and I couldn't believe he is so light, just over half a pound! |
![]() |
| I love snuggling with him too. He's so cute! |
I read that some cats can learn to get along with bunnies so I have been letting the cats come and look at him through the cage and even let the bunny run around the family room with Sage sitting there. Sometimes it seems as though Sage is scared of the bunny. I think I'm more comfortable with Sage around the bunny at this point. Cocoa pawed at the cage and so I'm not so sure about him.
We also started the bunny in the girl's room but I keep pulling the cage to different rooms so he can have sunlight and see different things. Bunnies are social animals so it's good for him to be around us during the day.
And of course on Easter morning the girls wanted to pose him for a picture in their small basket that used to be Alice's basket (I bought a new purple basket for Charlotte this year so we gave Alice her old one which is a bigger pink one, square shaped).
I will tell you more about our Easter day in my next post so I don't make this one too long. We are enjoying this little bunny!











1 comment:
He's adorable!! What a nice surprise for Easter. I love the pictures of the little girls with the bunny!! The painting activity is a great one!!
Post a Comment