Thursday, February 17, 2022

Valentines and Other Fun Stuff

Some other fun things that happened during the last week other than painting. Alice continues to have me do her hair. She is such a cutie! The little girls both made me a special valentine last week. Alice made hers at school and Charlotte made hers at activity days at the church.




On Saturday after we were done painting for the day we cleaned up and the girls and Curtis and I got dressed up to go to dinner. I bought Curtis and the girls tickets to the daddy daughter date night activity at the Rec Center but Curtis said he wanted me to come with them to dinner first. We went to Shari's because it is less crowded than most places. After dinner they dropped me off at home and headed over to the Rec Center. They had dancing a donuts as refreshments.

Charlotte sat by me but since it was a daddy daughter date night I had all 3 of them sit together for the picture.


Charlotte had wanted to go to McDonald's but we told her this place had everything they did only better. She decided to get the Pioneer Pancake that came with whipped cream, bacon and hash browns. The pancakes were good but we didn't care for the hash browns. (Yes, I tested them.)

Alice and Curtis worked on her activity sheet while waiting. Alice ordered mac and cheese with fries. It was good also.

Alice is wearing her new unicorn dress and unicorn pants. Even though we showed the girls pictures of the daddy daughter event and that most people would be dressed up nice they insisted on wearing these clothes. I thought the girls might want to get a fancy dress just for this but nope. Charlotte is now saying she doesn't like to wear dresses. That makes me a little sad but I get it. I'm just glad Alice likes dresses still.

While they were at the Rec Center Whitney stopped by to get the nausea pills and so I could pay her. I had to get a picture with her and told her to fake her smile (because she was in pain and nauseated). With her moving to Nevada and us possibly moving out of state as well, who knows when we'll see each other again.



Sunday morning the boys surprised us with wanting to make breakfast for everyone. They made pancakes, bacon, eggs and juice. Then after church they said they wanted to cook dinner. Yes please!! So they cooked garlic olive oil angel hair pasta and broccoli. What a great surprise to have them not only cook breakfast but dinner as well in the same day!



The kids all wanted to go to visit Grandma Norton (GG) after dinner on Sunday. We hadn't been over there since at least October so we were definitely over due for a visit. Nikki ended up staying at home with Curtis, who was putting together our taxes and taking it over to our accountant. I have to admit I was a little upset at him for choosing to do that on a Sunday instead of coming to visit with us. I was in a bit of a depressed mood at first when we got there but after we started playing Uno it cheered me up. It was so nice to have all the kids playing Uno with us, even Alice.

Enjoying soda and treats while playing.

Got a picture with all 4 kids taking a drink of their pops.



I kept seeing Cocoa climb on ladders this week but it took him awhile before he decided to sit on the very top. He's so cute!



We decided that now that we have repainted the kitchen wall we did not want to have the girls sitting in chairs and marking up the wall again. We went a couple of days with just no chairs back there and they would eat at the bar. Then finally I decided to look on Facebook marketplace to see if I could find a bench and I did! A guy in North Nampa makes and sells all sizes and colors of benches. We bought this one for $60.





A few weeks ago Charlotte brought home a book order and really really wanted this spy kit that she saw in there. It was $21 and we told her that she would have to do some special chores to earn it. We made a chore list for her and we took turns helping her. The first one was dusting around the house. Then Curtis helped her mop the kitchen floor. The last one was cleaning out the microwave. Curtis helped with that one also. We had two more chores for her to do but decided that she had done enough to earn it. Today she brought it home from school!

It was a read in day in her class so they had the option to ear pajamas to school. This is the first time she has done that because she wanted better pajamas, and she got them for Christmas.

The kit came with a vest, foldable paper binoculars, a decoder, pen with disappearing ink, compass whistle, a voice recorder and a secret agent guide book. She loves it!

On a side note, Charlotte has made a friend at school who's name happens to be Alice. We finally made arrangements to get them together to play after school last weekend. They live in the neighborhood right next to ours. She's hoping to get together again this weekend, especially with no school tomorrow or Monday. No school tomorrow because of a teacher work day and then Monday is President's Day.

1 comment:

Laverne said...

FUN FUN FUN!! Always enjoy your blog posts!!