Saturday, April 30, 2022

Charlotte's 8th Birthday!

Charlotte celebrated her 8th birthday last weekend! The one thing about celebrating birthdays on different days other than their actual birthday and having both a friends party and a family party is that their birthday lasts for days! We started with the friends' party last Saturday. Charlotte invited 6 friends plus Alice. Charlotte pretty much planned her own party and decided on which games they were going to do. She even took charge of most of the games. The party started after Charlotte did her last day of horse camp so it was from 3-7pm. The first two hours were games, food, singing, dessert, and pinata. The last two hours were just to give them time to play with her new toys and hang out playing Minecraft or Super Mario or playing outside.

It's great to be 8!

Charlotte had the idea to put the 8 balloon in the front window.

Waiting for friends to come and see her decorated table.


Alice is ready too.

The first game was laser maze. Charlotte got the idea from doing this at activity days.

Pin the tail on the horse. Nikki and I made the horse poster and tails. Charlotte covered her friend's eyes with the bandana and spun them around. I just watched.

They played a game called Creeper that I guess Charlotte made up. I honestly don't remember what the rules were.

We actually had one extra person as a little sister came with one of the friends who likes to play with Alice.

She wanted cinnamon roll donuts and ice cream sandwiches.

Elie, Brooklyn, Tyson, Bryston, Eli, Alice (friend), Layla (sister of friend Alice), and Alice (sister) with of course Charlotte in the middle.

The weather was thankfully nice outside so that we could do the pinata on the swing set. It was a purple llama but when we first saw it at the store we thought it was a horse. Oh well!

Garrett helped out pulling it up and down.


Sunday we had grandparents come over in the evening to sing, give their gifts and have dessert.

Having fun with her balloon while waiting for grandparents.

Alice too.

Balloon hat.


With Gma Vernie and Gpa Tony.


Her gifts from Gma & Gpa Butterfield.

The projector light was a hit gift because both Jack and Charlotte asked for one after Nikki got one for her birthday. I almost forgot to give her these because her big gifts this year were the horse camp and getting ears pierced. I had to throw them in a gift bag real quick after she opened her grandparent's gifts.


We didn't have time to get her ears pierced over the weekend so I told her we would do it right after school on Monday. I took her to Claire's which is the same place that Nikki got her ears pierced and also where I got mine pierced when I was about 13. My ears got irritated with earrings so I couldn't keep wearing them. Charlotte was so brave and didn't even flinch. They gave her the choice to do one ear at a time or two. She wanted to do whatever was quickest so two at a time it was. 




She finally wants her hair pulled back now that she has earrings. Is that all I had to do? 😆 I braided her hair the next day for school, which happened to be her actual birthday.

She loves her earrings! Happy birthday Charlotte!


No comments: