Like I said in my last post on Friday afternoon after I hurried across town to get my computer fixed I came back and finished getting ready to go to Lowe Family Farmstead in Kuna. Our realtor gave us tickets as a thank you. There were 8 tickets and only 6 of us so I said the boys could invite a friend. It wasn't until last Wednesday that I sat down with Curtis and said we need to pick a date to go because we don't have a lot to choose from with so many things going on this month. Last Friday the 7th looked good so we decided on that. It didn't give the boys a lot of time to find a friend but fortunately they were able to find someone. Jack invited Porter. I was impressed that Garrett tried inviting Trey and Vera first. I had a feeling he would invite his old friend Ryan. I gave his mom a heads up just in case. Trey and Vera couldn't go so Garrett texted me while at school on Friday and asked me to ask his new friend Calvin from the ward. So I called his mom and he said he would love to go (he's homeschooled). I'm so proud of Garrett for getting out of his comfort zone. First inviting new friends to his birthday party and then to go to the Farmstead.
We had to drive two separate cars so Curtis took Jack and picked up Porter while I brought Garrett and the girls and picked up Calvin. Then we met in Kuna. After we all arrived we just let the boys take off and do their own thing with their friends while Curtis and I went with the girls to do activities. There are so many fun things to do! The first thing we did though was head over to the animals. We looked around at some of the animals and then the girls got a pony ride. Then looked at more animals. I didn't get a picture of everything but here's bunch of pictures of some of the things we did.
![]() |
| Meeting the donkey. |
![]() |
| Pony ride time. This year Alice wasn't scared at all. |
![]() |
| They had a bunch of goats. These ones were so little and cute! |
![]() |
| I can't remember what this one was called. Some long haired cow I think. |
![]() |
| They had a bee feeding station but we skipped that and just took a picture here. |
![]() |
| They also had these bee rides pulled by a tractor and a bee line (zip line). |
![]() |
| Garrett and his friend Calvin after finding us. |
![]() |
| The corn poppers (or bounce inflatables) |
![]() |
| They had two corn poppers. One for little kids and one for big kids. |
![]() |
| Jack called and told me about The Perch where they had a bunch of parakeets so we went over to check it out. |
![]() |
| It was pretty cool. There were lots of birds and they could fly up and over from one side to the other while people walk through the middle. |
![]() |
| The big bubble making station. |
![]() |
| Instead of a corn box they had a corn island that was bigger than the box at Linder Farms. |
![]() |
| Even Calvin and Garrett had fun it. |
![]() |
| Alice insisted on doing the corn maze. We didn't do it last year. |
![]() |
| We did the mini maze so it wouldn't take too long. Charlotte didn't want to do it but we made her anyway. |
![]() |
| The House of Pumpkins |
![]() |
| They had a huge rocking chair. |
![]() |
| Visiting the reindeer. The male had a broken leg he was recovering from. He got kicked by his girlfriend. 😆 |
![]() |
| Saving the hay ride for one of the last things we did. |
Well, it wasn't Linder Farms but we think we actually like this place better anyway. There's so many activities you can do that are included in your ticket. We did have to pay extra for the pony ride though. We also like that it's so much bigger and spacious with grass to walk on instead of dirt. It's a really nice set up and makes it worth the drive out there. Who knows what we'll get to do next year since we'll be in Washington. I don't know if they have anything like this. But we had a lot of fun this year and stayed for about 4 hours! The food was a bit pricy but that's to be expected with everything being pricy these days but the food was good (especially the fries) and the weather was perfect the day we went. It was a great kick off to Fall!




















.jpg)




1 comment:
AWESOME!! Sounds fun! Wish Tony would go to these places but he won't because of his allergies
. Glad you all had fun!!
Post a Comment