Well, yesterday they installed half of the floors and completed the laundry room so that we could hook up our water heater again last night. We're so happy with how the floors look! I decided though that if we were going to paint behind the water heater, now was the time to do it! I had to quickly paint primer on it before Curtis and I went to the church to meet with one of the bishopric members. As you can imagine, we were both asked about new callings. Curtis was asked to be a Priest Quorum adviser and I was asked to be on the Relief Society Activities Committee. I am very relieved it wasn't to teach! Ha ha. We're glad that Curtis will be with the Priests and can get Garrett to go to all of the activities now. Garrett doesn't know yet, at least I didn't tell him. I figured either Curtis could tell him or he'll find out on Sunday when he gets sustained. Anyway, that gave the primer enough time to dry so that I could paint as soon as I got back. Curtis actually dropped me off so he could go to Home Depot for a few things to get for the water heater.
 |
| Here's the finished floor in the laundry room. We will do baseboard trim later. |
 |
| I just painted the area behind the water heater for now. |
We haven't hooked up the washer and dryer yet because I decided I want to go ahead and paint the rest of that wall first. The flooring people came in around 8:40 this morning and got right to work. They worked so fast and got done today around 2:40pm. When they first arrived yesterday we had asked how long they thought it might take and they said maybe 3 or 4 days, but they asked us if they were doing the baseboard trim and we said no, that we are going to do that part ourselves. They then said probably 3 days, but they finished earlier, yay! I wanted to get some painting done today but my neck has been hurting a lot and so I only managed to clean the kitchen and then I sat down and did stuff on my computer. I noticed my email storage was way over the limit so I spent hours deleting messages. I deleted probably over 3,000 old emails but am still over the limit. That's what happens when you wait to delete stuff. It piles up for years! I had to stop deleting to make dinner and take the boys to mutual. I'll have to do more later. More than half of the storage is used up by OneDrive and I have no idea how to clean up storage from that. Anyway, I'm excited about our new floors!
 |
| Looking down the hallway toward the bedrooms and bathroom. We don't have hallway lights installed yet so it's dark. |
 |
| Hallway from the stairs looking toward the family room. The closet under the stairs is on the right. |
 |
| They hadn't measured to do the closet under the stairs but I asked them if they could still do it since it's such a small space and they did! It looks so much better just with adding new flooring! |
 |
| Here's the bathroom! |
 |
| Curtis hung up the other light last night. It's a light and fan combined. |
 |
| The family room! They just moved the couches and desk around as necessary while working so we didn't need to take them out. |
 |
| All finished! |
Curtis went on an over night business trip today so I'm hoping the carpet guys don't show up tomorrow, only because we haven't moved the washer and dryer out of Jack's room yet. That's where we put the things from the laundry room like washer, dryer, water heater, etc., while the flooring was getting put in.
I was happy that Stillman was able to come to town today to go on the business trip with Curtis. He came and saw the progress on the basement. They weren't finished with the flooring at that point but most of it was done. Then Curtis, Stillman, and I went out to lunch at a nearby restaurant called Osaka Sushi and Teriyaki. I had teriyaki chicken and yakisoba noodles and white rice. The boys shared a sushi plate but sushi is not for me unless it's Americanized, no fish or crab, just bacon, lol. They then dropped me off at home and were on their way. Well, I better get the girls out of the bath and in pjs before we have to go pick up the boys from mutual.
1 comment:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You will enjoy the activities committee and so happy Curtis will be over the boys!! That will be a big help!! The floors are gorgeous!! I LOVE THEM!! It's coming together nicely and is going to be wonderful when your all done!! LOVE IT!!
Post a Comment