Jack has been looking forward to this for a whole year and jazz band camp finally arrived again last week! We made the trip back to Nampa last Monday so that Jack could be a part of the Gem State Jazz Camp this year at NNU and he had a great week. My in-laws planned to have Nic's kids the same week so that they could see cousins their age. Monday afternoon/evening after getting into town Garrett was anxious to go see his cousin Taelynn. The rest of the kids got excited as well. It was kind of quiet at first but eventually Garrett and Taelynn played some card games and the girls played with Taelynn's dog, Roxy. Jack and I had to leave for a little while to go to the jazz camp kick off that evening where we watched the teachers play a couple of the songs the kids would be learning that week and to answer questions. Then we went back to my in-laws long enough to get a bite to eat. We needed to leave because I still had some grocery shopping to do so we would have breakfast and other food to eat while staying at my grandma's house for the week.
![]() |
| The other kids had made some bracelets earlier and the stuff was still out so my girls each made a bracelet with grandma. |
![]() |
| Sawyer, Garrett and Taelynn playing cards. |
The next morning I took Jack over to camp by 9am. Then we decided that maybe we should do some bowling today since it was $1 day at Nampa Bowl. I called Gaya but the grandkids weren't up yet so she needed some time. I had wanted to do some shopping for tops at Ross so I took this opportunity to do just that. I came home with 6 new shirts so I'm happy! While I was waiting in line I got a call from Gaya saying they were ready and so I hurried back to grandma's to get Garrett and the girls. Grandma came along so she could watch. It turned out just being the kids playing and the adults watched and it was fun. The 4 oldest kids were on one lane and the 3 youngest on the other lane. We almost thought we would have to wait an hour for two lanes to open up next to each other so grandma and I went back to her house for some Uno cards and other games. By the time I got back in the van, they called and said the lanes were open! The kids bowled two games.
![]() |
| Our bowling crew, with Grandpa B and GG in the background. Jack said he was okay with not being there since he was at jazz camp. |
After bowling we went our separate ways to get lunch and since we were so close to my parents' house we decided to drop in for a bit and visit. Then it was back to grandma's to eat sandwiches and chips for lunch and relax for awhile.
![]() |
| The kids found flags and I'm wearing one of my new shirts. |
Gaya and I made plans to go to the Rec Center that same day right after Jack got done with camp. We wanted to go when he could be there but also so the slide and diving pool would be open. We got there around 4:15 and to our disappointment the slide was still off! I asked the life guard and she said there weren't enough life guards to open it yet but more would be coming at 5:00. The kids made the best of it though and were having lots of fun in the pool anyway. By 5:00 they opened the diving pool and turned on the slide. Yay! Grandma came with us and got in the pool as well.
![]() |
| Thanks to Laverne for coming to take pictures after she and Dad finished walking the track. |
We swam at the Rec for two hours. I have to say it was kind of weird going in and using guest passes to get us in for the first time ever. Our membership expired the end of April but we still had a few passes from when we did the fun run last Fall. After swimming we went back to grandma's to shower and relax. Later Dad and Laverne came over to play Golf (the card game).
Wednesday morning I got Jack off to camp again and then spent some time looking at hair styles I might like since I was going in to get my hair cut by my sister Melissa. I was nervous (like I usually am) because I wasn't quite sure what I wanted but I knew I needed something done because my hair was just not cooperating and I needed something different and some length taken off. We decided to cut shorter layers than I did last time and took about 5 inches off the length. I love this picture that I took afterwards with Melissa but I'm still not sure if I like this length with my curly hair. I think I like my curly hair better when it is longer. I had gone home and kept looking in the mirror and not liking what I was seeing and tried playing with it. I want to give it some time though and see what I can do.
![]() |
| Alice and Sydney had a makeover. Charlotte has her bubble pipe. |















1 comment:
I had to laugh at the girls goggles!! So funny! It was a fun week. Jim got over to fix our counter. He did a great job!!
Post a Comment