Monday, August 14, 2023

Boat Ride on the River

Last Wednesday evening the youth in our ward had a boating night where they met at the Columbia River here in Kennewick to have some fun in the water. Jack was all in for doing that stuff but Garrett did not want to get wet. Garrett went anyway and hung out with Curtis at the picnic area where he was tending the food. They called and asked us to bring Jack's sunglasses, some salt and pepper and bread. The girls and I drove over there and visited a little bit. We were about to leave but then the bishop asked if we wanted to go on a boat ride. The girls were excited to go and since we were going on the boat and not dressed for getting wet, Garrett decided to come with us also. I think he's glad he did.

Sitting in the back of the boat.


Feeling the water.



Sister Sheryl Walker was so nice to let the girls drive her boat.


It was so pretty and it brought back so many memories of being on Lake Cascade.

Later we went on another boat ride on a different boat.

We talked Curtis into riding with us this time.

And the girls sat in the front of the boat.

We didn't see Jack until the end of the night. He was having fun with the other youth.

I wasn't having a good day and just felt like I was moody all day. This is exactly what I needed to change my mood for the better. It felt so good just standing up in the boat and letting the wind whip past my face, just like I used to when I was younger. It was a blessing for me and a blessing for Garrett also. He enjoyed the boat rides and didn't have to worry about getting wet. Later he told me that maybe he would learn how to water ski if we got a boat.

I also later learned that Garrett's friend had decided to skip the activity that night because he too did not want to get wet. His mom said he thought he'd be the only one who didn't want to get wet. Maybe next year we'll keep these boys together if they don't want to get wet. 

This was our first time on the Columbia River and it was a great time! So glad the boys asked us to bring them some stuff.

No comments: