Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Fun With Milo

 Halloween was good this year. Jack went to hang out with friends. Garrett and Curtis stayed at home to watch movies and hand out candy. We didn't get very many trick or treaters since we're the older neighborhood. Charlotte, Alice, Milo and I walked our neighborhood and the newer one next to ours to do some trick or treating. Fortunately, the weather was decent. No wind or rain. It was a little cold but not bad. The girls and I walked a lot further than we thought we would be able to and when we went over to one part of the newer neighborhood, we ran into Milo's parents and the people we bought him from! Milo knew right away that it was his parents. He tried to do some nursing on his mom and she was not happy about that! She was getting a little upset so we kept the meeting short but it was fun to see them. Milo was whimpering a little after that. I think he missed his parents. We definitely wore him out that night. There were times I had to carry him because he just wanted to sit and not move.

Alice trying her new costume on after it came in the mail the day before Halloween.

Milo trying on his costume after we bought it from Wal-mart. He's a hotdog.

Milo loves laying on the rug by the door.

All dressed and ready on Halloween. Jack had already left to his friends' house.

The trick or treating group this year from our house. (Jack went with his friends.)

There was a house that was decked out front and back with decorations because their backyard faces a small park by the road and there's a walking path in between them and another house. The front side of this house is where we met Milo's parents. (This is the back)

Well, the last couple of weeks have been up and down with my emotions because of Milo. I have cried a few times in frustration from the puppy biting and a few nights of waking us up in the middle of the night. I was so close to giving up and wanting to get rid of him. BUT I'm glad I didn't because things are getting better. We have started training him to sit, come and stay and he does pretty well. Another frustration is that we're trying to teach him to stay out of the kitchen. Sometimes he listens and sometimes he doesn't. I just have to remember that he's still a puppy and learning. He'll get it eventually. He's been really good at sleeping through the night without accidents. I try to put him to bed between 10 and 11pm. Then the boys wake up at 5am and Curtis takes him outside. On the weekend, we sleep until 6am because his feeding time is 6:30am. Then it's my job to exercise him during the day and get him outside as much as possible and do some training with him. It's quite a job but like I said, it's getting easier and better. He's a good puppy and I'm getting attached to him already. I have even had some success with him going into his crate on his own to lay down on his bed. The crate is basically his den and we want him to like it in there.

I woke him up and put his leash on and then he went back in and laid down. He didn't want to get up yet.


Last Saturday I took Milo, Sage and Cocoa to Petco to get some vaccinations with the help of the girls and Garrett. I couldn't get Milo in to see a vet early enough for his next set of shots, so we did Petco. 

They distracted them with a treat and were able to keep them in their carriers because the tops open up.

Milo went first and I didn't get a picture during the shots but he did really well.


Sunday morning it was time for Milo to get his first bath. I finally picked up some puppy shampoo on Saturday. He was scared and wanted to jump out, just like the cats. He'll have to get used to it because he's going to get a lot of baths, unlike the cats. The shampoo bottle said to brush his hair first before the bath, so we did. When he was dry, his fur was so soft.

"What are they doing to me?"


After the bath, he was ready to rest. The girls joined him in his crate.

Sunday night I played a game with Jack and Curtis called Exploding Kittens. Curtis got to wear the cone of shame because he asked who's turn it was. That's the rule for the game and he has to make sure the arrow is pointing in whatever direction we are playing.



We have finally finished the shower and have now moved our stuff into our bathroom. We still have some work to do in there, but at least we can use it now. It looks pretty good!

That is our temporary mirror until we pick out some new ones. It's the mirror that was hanging in the hallway before we tore that wall down. The counter is nice and tall. I like it.

We decided not to wait and did the shower door instead of a curtain.

I used it for the first time today.

I will have to hem that curtain up later. It's a little long but they don't have the right length at Walmart.

1 comment:

Laverne said...

The kids costumes were cute! Three pets! I don't know how you do it? Then we come to El Paso and Chris has 5 dogs!! One is his retired work dog and she is sweet and the only one allowed inside. The others are in kennels and let out to run their HUGE yard. Curtis did such a great job on your shower and counter. I love it!!