My birthday gifts finally arrived and so we officially celebrated my birthday on Monday. After Curtis got home from work and we ate dinner, he took the girls to the store with him to get a few things for my birthday. They came home with a balloon, a small carrot cake, three flavors of ice cream, and a couple of gifts the girls helped pick out. We considered that our FHE.
 |
| We didn't have a "4" to go with the "1". We joked about doing "31" or "51" but I said lets just use the "1" by itself because I'm number 1 right? LOL |
 |
| Getting all of the kids to pose is still a chore. Ha ha. |
 |
| Each of the kids took turns sitting by me while I opened a gift. This one is a new phone case that has a metal flip stand on the back so I can stand my phone up. It's plum colored. |
 |
| The girls helped pick this out. It's a 2,000 piece balloon puzzle. Yikes! I have my work cut out for me but I'm excited for the challenge. |
 |
| I love me some dark chocolate with almonds. Good choice for birthday snack. Love my silly Jack. |
 |
| Curtis picked this out. Well, he picked out most of the gifts, of course. "Raising my Husband is Exhausting" |
 |
| Finally, a new nice watch that I can wear on Sundays or special occasions. I've been wanting one for a long time. |
 |
| Alice made sure I got a picture with all of my gifts because that's what I do with the kids. Love this girl! |
I was happy to finally celebrate my birthday officially. However, this week, my family sabotaged me for the biggest loser competition with cake, ice cream and chocolate! Well, I'm deciding I don't really care. I felt like I was never going to win anyway. I'm still trying to be good but at the same time I'm enjoying my treats.
Also, earlier that day, the Relief Society President dropped by to give me a late birthday gift. Because of the weather last week, it was late. She's also one of the friends we invited over on New Year's Eve (Megan Benedict). She decided to have a Bunco night on Feb 2nd for a girl's night out and invited me. I told her I have the Bunco stuff from when I played in Idaho and so she is borrowing it. Glad I kept it and that it will finally get used again! I'm looking forward to playing again. It's been several years, so I don't remember how to play but I know it's simple enough.
 |
| Here's what the Relief Society gave me. Such a cute idea! |
And here's the card I got from Laverne and Dad. I don't know which day it arrived because I haven't been checking the mail every day because of the weather. I love the cute cards she makes.
It was a pretty good birthday this year!
1 comment:
Thats GREAT!!! I was wondering if you were going to celebrate JUST FOR YOU!!! Good times! I miss not being there for birthdays!!
Post a Comment