Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Spring Concert and Awards

Jack had a spring band concert on Tuesday the 19th. The girls came along this time to watch. It was fun to listen to him play, as always. The only problem was that the spot we chose to sit, we couldn't see him. He played in concert band and wind ensemble. We couldn't see him either time even though he sat in different spots. We also found out that next year's marching band show will be "Top Gun" themed. I'm excited for that!

I caught him while he was standing up on the left side.


It wasn't until the final songs where the bands were combined with the orchestra that we could finally see him.

Playing his French horn.

After they were done playing. I don't think he realized I was taking a picture of him, ha ha. He was just looking around.

I got a nice picture afterwards.


Both of the girls got recognition at their awards assemblies for different things on Thursday afternoon before we headed out of town to Nampa. I was there to watch and then bring them home a little early so we could get on the road earlier. Alice got an award for having gotten 50 points when taking accelerated reading tests after reading books. She basically had to read 100 books and take tests on them since the beginning of the school year and she made the 50's club! Charlotte was voted by her classmates to get the Citizenship Award. It was a total surprise for her and she didn't see me in the crowd either. The teacher wanted it to be a surprise. I'm so proud of my girls and all of my kids.




Nikki has been struggling for the past couple of months with depression and not feeling motivated to do anything. She and I have been reaching out to each other more than usual and it's a good feeling to know that it makes a difference for her when I have called to talk to or texted her on a bad day and that it helped her. She has missed her psychiatrist appointments 3 times in a row because she slept through her alarms. After feeling really bad and nervous about calling to reschedule again, I told her to let me know when her next appointment is and I will call her before to make sure she doesn't miss it. Her next appointment is this Friday morning. We are going to make sure she doesn't miss this one!

We also changed the dates of our vacation for this summer and because of that I was able to get Jack signed up for a driver's ed class that starts on May 15th. We'll get his permit about 10 days before the class starts and as soon as he has his permit, he can start driving with a parent. They do it different here than they do in Idaho. In Idaho, they won't give you the permit until you have passed the class. The driving school carries the permit for you. Once you pass, then they give it to you. Both states require at least 6 months of driving with an adult before you can get your license but in Washington you have to wait until you're 16 years old to get your drivers license. I have a feeling Jack will get his license a lot earlier than Garrett and Nikki. Nikki got her license after having a permit for almost 2 years and Garrett is nearly at 2 years also and still on his permit. Jack has a different personality and seems more confident, hopefully not over confident though, ha ha. I can't believe he'll be starting driver's ed soon! 


1 comment:

Laverne said...

Jack sure looks sharp in his suit and bow tie. I wandered about Nikki. Her posts seemed depressing so I reached out a couple of times. She responded back. She's in our prayers.