Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Grandparents Luncheon

A few weeks ago, I talked to my dad and Laverne about the possibility of them coming for a special grandparents' day that was happening on the 22nd of May. They had a busy schedule but decided because it was in the middle of the week that they could make it happen. They also brought Grandma Norton and drove up Tuesday afternoon and stayed until Friday morning. Wednesday morning we went to the girls' school around 10am and watched a short musical performance by the 1st graders and then ate lunch with them. It made for a fun morning. Alice was so excited to see us sitting in the front and gave us a big wave and smile. They sang 4 songs. One was about their backpack. The 2nd one was about pizza called "Pizza Love". The last two were both songs about grandparents. They did a good job and we enjoyed it.


The teacher almost blocked our view from being able to see her. She's to the right of him. There are about 100 kids just in 1st grade.


Her teacher took a picture of all of us. She later printed the pictures out and Alice made a thank you card for them.

After the lunch was over, we headed back home to relax for a bit and decided to watch Sing 2. Laverne had seen Sing but not the 2nd one yet. We all enjoyed it. Laverne loved it so much that they found and bought a DVD from the $5 bin at Walmart when they got back to Idaho. I really enjoyed that movie as well. We finished watching it right before the kids got out of school.

I had the ingredients already for making sausage rolls, so we decided that's what we would make for dinner that night. They had never eaten them before, but they liked them. I even had Laverne help me prepare them. Then after dinner while the boys went to mutual the grandparents, the girls and I went to Walmart. I wanted to try and find a copy of "Wonka" for Laverne, but they were sold out. We grabbed a few grocery items and then took the girls to the park to play at the Playground of Dreams. 

The is the girls' favorite thing at the playground, along with many other kids. It's basically a safer merry-go-round. I got on for a little bit, but my stomach couldn't handle it and I had to get off. My stomach just can't handle things like that anymore. It's so weird.

The ticket booth for the train station.


The girls got us up on the train.

This picture cracks me up! Her buns are burning on that fire!

Hanging out on the ship.

It had rained earlier so there were water puddles around, especially on the splash pad. They didn't care. Both of them soaked their shoes right before we left.


It was a fun time at the park but a little chilly. Grandma stayed in the van and my dad rested on a nearby bench. When everyone got back home from their activities, we watched the girls and Garrett read his screen play that he wrote for his creative writing class assignment. Garrett really liked this assignment and made it longer than it needed to be. It was his idea to have them read it aloud to all of us. They even practiced before dinner. I loved watching them do this together and he did a good job.


On a side note, I keep forgetting to mention that Garrett was recently called to be the 2nd assistant in the priest quorum. He was actually excited to get this calling. I hope this helps to bring him out of his shy shell a bit. Curtis was also recently called to be the 1st counselor in the Elder's Quorum presidency and was released as a Priest Quorum advisor. Garrett didn't seem very happy about that, as well as the bishop and the other advisor. But that's how it goes sometimes. There have been lots of changes in our ward recently and the Elder's Quorum Presidency was one of them.

1 comment:

Laverne said...

Great post. I'm sure glad we got to come and enjoy time with you all. It was a fun few days. Love you kids!!