Monday, June 24, 2024

22nd Anniversary

We celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary over the weekend. It was pretty low key. Curtis ordered me some flowers and chocolate covered strawberries that were delivered while we were dropping off Porter to his parents on Friday. 








Saturday was our actual anniversary and we slept in but there were some things we needed to get taken care of, so instead of doing fun things, we worked on projects. The first one was fixing the lawn mower and then getting the lawn mowed. The blades were not cutting evenly but we got it figured out. Thank goodness for Youtube! After the lawn, we had 5 sprinkler heads we needed to change out for new ones. And dig one out in front that was new but filled with mud. After figuring out the sprinklers, we planted some grass seed in our front yard, FINALLY! You're supposed to do it in the early spring or fall but we just didn't have time until now. We also doubled our water schedule to go twice a day since we have the seed and a bunch of dry spots (from sprinkler heads not moving). It feels good to have that taken care of and hopefully the grass will grow. One year we're going to redo our front yard anyway.

I stayed with Curtis and helped him grab stuff he needed. He was smart to have the umbrella tied to the wheelbarrow.


I was raking in the seeds and Milo was napping. It was hot that day. He had already been swimming with the girls.

So sweet!

After finishing that and a few other smaller projects, we finally got cleaned up and went to Outback Stakehouse for dinner. When we came back, we rented "The Man from Snowy River" on Amazon and watched it together. I don't think I had ever seen the whole movie before. I think just parts of it. It was a good movie.

Twenty-two (two and two) years!

Normally we don't get dessert, but I saw this Tim Tam dessert and said we had to try it. It was good but definitely rich.

Like I said, we didn't do any big fun activities this year but it felt good to get some projects done and work on them together. Then to do dinner and a movie. Sometimes it's nice to keep it simple.

1 comment:

Laverne said...

SHWEET!!! Happy Anniversary!! Looks like a good one!!