After cleaning our pool all day on Saturday, we went to our church trunk or treat. It was a tri-ward activity. There was chili, hot dogs, chips and drinks outside and different games and activities set up inside in the gym and other rooms. Curtis brought his smoked chili again but doubled the recipe this time. Luckily, we set aside some for ourselves at home and ate it before going because it went really fast again and neither of us got any at the church. After the first hour of food and games, the trunk or treat happened in the parking lot. They had all of the participating trunks back up to the sidewalk so it would be easy and safe to walk around. Again, the weather was beautiful that day for the trunk or treat. The only issue we ran into was Alice had some fancy shoes to go with her costume but they hurt her feet. We were able to find some mole skins from our first aid kit in the van to put on her feet, but they were still hard to walk in. Dad was the hero and drove home to get her sandals. They were much easier to walk in!
 |
| A ninja, a mermaid, and Dr. Doofenshmirtz from a tv show called "Phineas and Ferb". |
 |
| A guy in a suit, top hat and cane. |
 |
| Later Alice got her crown on that went with her costume, so I got another picture. |
 |
| Jack and Cam |
 |
| I dressed up as a cowgirl because I didn't really look for a costume this year and I already had these things. I took a selfie after we got home (I hate selfies). |
On Monday for activity days, we did a wooden pumpkin painting. I had spotted these pumpkins at Goodwill in the check out line. They were 5 pumpkins for $5. I told Sister Gale about them and she went and bought all they had, which were 15 pumpkins total. It was basically $1 a pumpkin. She later saw the same pumpkins at a different store for $5 for ONE pumpkin. We scored a great deal! The girls loved the activity and we saw some great creativeness. We just wish they gave us more than 1 hour to do these activities because after getting snack done at the beginning we just don't have enough time! We of course ran late anyway.
Tuesday night was the trunk or treat at the girl's school. Curtis took them this year because I needed to take Garrett to go do some senior pictures at the park. His senior picture for the yearbook is due on Sunday. It was good for Curtis to do it this year. I don't think he's ever been to their school before now.
On Wednesday there was a trunk or treat put on at the high school back parking lot, so I drove the girls over for that. Some had activities to do before getting the treat. They also had a police car and two firetrucks. It was a lot colder this day and fortunately it went quick.
 |
| Alice wore a different costume that day. |
 |
| This trunk made me laugh. "Pick or Treat" and they stuck their hand through the nostril to get the candy. |
 |
| A little cornhole game. |
 |
| Best for last, the firemen. |
Yesterday the boys went to a Halloween stake youth activity where they had lots of carnival type games, etc. Garrett has not been wanting to go to the stake activities because of his anxiety with crowds, but he actually wanted to go this time! I think it's because he got himself a costume and wanted people to see it. He didn't actually play any games but walked around and watched. I'm just happy that he went! Jack surprised us by bringing home a beta fish that a friend won for him in one of the games. He gets to take care of it. I was done with fish a long time ago. I'll be interested to see how long it lives.

And finally, today was Halloween! It had rained yesterday so I was worried it might be cold and wet, but we were safe from the rain today. It was still a little chilly but not too bad. After eating pizza for dinner, Jack went to his friend Eli's house for a party and trick or treating. Curtis, Charlotte, Alice, Milo and I went trick or treating with some friends from our ward in the neighborhood next to ours. Milo was pretty anxious when we first started but also very excited. He got better after a little while. After we finished our trick or treating, Curtis walked Milo home while the girls and I stayed at the Taylor's house to visit and have some treats. Dorothy had made a bunch of homemade donuts. They were delicious! I had a lemon filled and a regular glazed. At about 8:30 I decided it was time to leave, so we drove home and relaxed for a while. This year I had bought full size candy bars from Costco to hand out because we don't get many trick or treaters. I was surprised to see that they were all gone by the time we got home! It was good that I also saved some candy from our bags we bought for the church trunk or treat because we gave out some of that also. Garrett had stayed behind to play video games and hand out the candy. It was another good Halloween!

 |
| We started out our next-door neighbor's house. |
 |
| With four families in our group, we had 10 kids and 3 dogs. It was fun. |
It's been a fun filled Halloween week, especially for the girls with so many activities. Happy Halloween!
1 comment:
Halloween 24 in the books!! The kids scored with all the different activities!! I WANY CURTIS's Chili recipe. Sounds GREAT!!
Post a Comment