This year for Thanksgiving we decided to feed the missionaries serving in our ward. We would be each other's families this year since we had no family coming to visit. I did try to also invite our next-door neighbors, but they opted to have a quiet dinner at home with just the two of them this year. The two missionaries are so fun and have a good chemistry with each other, Elder Funk and Elder Webster. Curtis bought the biggest turkey he could find and the biggest we ever bought before, weighing 23 lbs! He soaked it in a brine as usual but then smoked it this year. It turned out really good! The missionaries came over to eat and we played a couple of games with them, Catch Phrase and Pictionary Air. It was a nice Thanksgiving Day.
 |
| Jack helped Curtis a little bit with prepping the turkey, sprinkling on some seasoning. |
 |
| Finish off that bottle Alice. |
 |
| Homemade pumpkin pie this time. |
 |
| Playing Pictionary Air. You draw with an electronic pen in the air without seeing what you're drawing, but it shows on the TV screen for the people guessing. |
On Black Friday, I did not do any shopping. Instead, the whole family went to see a movie, Moana 2. All of the kids were excited to see it. It was good but I think we were a little disappointed it was not as good as the first one. And the theater was packed. We were first to buy tickets for this movie at the time slot we chose, but had to wait by the ticket stan
 |
| Garrett did not want to pose for a picture, so I got him when he wasn't looking. |
On Saturday Curtis, Jack, Milo and I decided to go hike up Badger Mountain. When we got about halfway up you could see icicles forming on the sage brush and long grasses. It was beautiful! And when we first started the hike, we had to climb some steps and that was hard for me! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do this hike. Eventually Curtis gave me Milo's leash and Milo helped pull me up the mountain. We need to get him a harness next time, so it doesn't choke him. This was his first time hiking this hill and he loved it, although he would get a little nervous when others passed us on the trail.
 |
| This was about halfway up. |
 |
| We reached the top! |
 |
| These were on the top of the hill. So pretty! |
It was a fun hike and it got easier for me after I got warmed up (along with Milo's help too). I need to start exercising more so it's not so hard next time. We finished off the weekend by getting Christmas decorations up around the inside of our house on Sunday. I didn't get any pictures, but it was nice to get them up early this year. However, I never did get around to getting our city set up. Maybe next year!
1 comment:
WOW!! That turkey looks GREAT!!~! So glad you had a good time with the Missionaries. The hike looks awesome. I'd probably have had a heart attack IF it was hard on you! Your so athletic!! I still can't believe the girls let the alligator on their head and held the snake. I might have handled the turtle BUT that's as far as I go! lol Kudo's to Jack! He's a go getter!! I love the lights you put up! It looks perfect!!
Post a Comment