The other kids had their last day of school on June 12th, and it was a special early release day, where they got out at 10:30 and 11:27am. They did a special "walk" for the 5th graders and I was able to go watch Charlotte as she finished elementary school and prepares to enter middle school. It was also Alice's last day at Sage Crest since she'll be switching schools next year, due to the boundary changes. Next year, Alice will be at Lincoln, which is closer to our house anyway. It's kind of fun knowing she'll go to a Lincoln Elementary when I went to a Lincoln Elementary also back in Nampa. It was a bittersweet day.
 |
| Charlotte with her teacher, Mrs. Smith. |
 |
| Alice with her teacher, Mrs. Thompson. |
.jpg) |
| Here's what the 5th grade t-shirts said. |
Father's Day was on Sunday, the 15th of June. It was a very busy time because of Garrett's graduation, kids getting out of school, Father's Day and us getting ready for our big trip (leaving the day after Father's Day). Even with all of the busyness, I think we were able to help Curtis feel loved on Father's Day. The kids helped cook breakfast and the girls made cards (at activity days). I gave him a new watch that he can wear for nice occasions, like church. He hasn't had one in years and I decided it was time again. The girls also picked out t-shirts for him. We were also invited to our Indian neighbor's little boys' birthday party at the park that afternoon, and it gave us a chance to try some Indian food. So that was a nice treat for Curtis. We had planned on making hamburgers, but we filled up at the party, except the boys who stayed home and slept.
 |
| Charlotte picked this one. It says "My favorite kid bought me this shirt (with my money)" |
 |
| Alice picked this shirt. "Incredible Dad". (perfect for our upcoming trip) |
 |
| The card we picked out for him. |
Since we were leaving the next day, we actually dropped Milo off at the dog sitters before heading to the birthday party. Then it was back home for everyone to pack their bags since we were leaving bright and early to catch a flight.
1 comment:
I loved the shirts Curtis got. Really clever! The card was hilarious!! I'm sure he felt loved. The pictures with all the kids-Nikki, you and the cats and dog! SUPER!!
Post a Comment