Sunday, September 7, 2025

Beach Day and Medieval Times

Friday, Day 5 of our trip, was a lot more relaxed. We slept in and then we headed to the beach later in the morning. The laundry room at our hotel was closed, so Curtis had to find a laundromat near the beach we were going to and spent the whole beach time doing our laundry. Garrett went with him. Ricky had woken up early that morning and walked down the street from our hotel to do their laundry. We should have done the same thing. 

The beach that we decided to try out is Laguna Beach and we were in Fisherman's Cove. It was about 30-40 minutes away from our hotel, I think. The younger kids and Ricky were the only ones that got out in the water, but they had so much fun. Then there was some time playing with the sand on the beach. It was a nice little beach but there's not a ton of parking and you do have to pay for parking in one of those parking meters. I think we were there for about 2 hours. I'd remember better if I had written this right after the trip, but life just got busy, and it's been hard for me to do the posts.








The girls and I discovered some little critters in the sand. They're called sand fleas, and they hide in the sand right where the water hits the beach.



It was good that we went as early as we did because more people kept showing up and it was getting busy by the time we left. We needed time to get back to the hotel and clean ourselves up before going to Medieval Times for dinner.

Before leaving for dinner the girls and I had to get a picture with our chocolate frogs from Harry Potter world that we bought at Honeydukes in Universal Studios.


This year we had the black and white knight.

Charlotte used some souvenir money to buy a sword and shield.

And Alice bought a pink dragon.

Wes was having fun with his sword.





Tomato/vegetable soup that you drink right from the bowl. It tasted good.



Everyone gets an entire half of a chicken. They also brought out corn on the cob (that had a flavoring on it that I wasn't fond of) and some garlic bread, potatoes and then later some dessert. I can't remember what we had for dessert though.

Our knight during the final battle. He won!!


When we were planning our trip, I didn't really want to go to Medieval Times because we went last time, but because Ricky's family had never been and they really wanted to experience it. I am glad that we went again because it was a lot of fun cheering our knight on to victory. The kids enjoyed it also. Jack even bought himself a knife/dagger as a souvenir. 

No comments: