Curtis and I discovered a new fun place to go to here in Kennewick that just opened last spring. It's called Tee Time. The main part of it is a mini golf course. Then they have some other games around, some are free, some you pay extra to play. Corn hole and shuffleboard were free. We only had time to play shuffleboard, and it was fun. They had some arcade games, pool tables, darts, a big screen tv and couches to sit down on to watch.
![]() |
| This is designed for one of the bridges that connect Kennewick to Pasco. |
![]() |
| It was a nice open atmosphere and much better experience than the other mini golf place we tried here in Kennewick. Plus, there were other things to do as well. |
![]() |
| Shuffleboard |
The reason we didn't have time to do corn hole was because we had decided to go get the kids and take them to a local family-owned ice cream shop before they closed. Jack had found out through a friend that this ice cream shop, "What's the Scoop", was going to have some Harry Potter flavors in honor of Harry's birthday (which was July 31st). I can't remember now what all of the flavors were, but I had gotten "Dirt" and "Butterbeer". I liked both of them. "Dirt" is actually a favorite for a lot of people they said, and it came with gummy worms.
![]() |
| Jack's friend, Phillip. He's the one that told Jack about this place. |
Glenna and Don Gale gave us some plums from their tree, and I was finally able to make plum jelly again! I haven't made it since before we moved here. Jack and Garrett love plum jelly.
We also got Garrett's drums set up in the basement after we figured out how to make it fit. We had to move a few things around. I'm glad to get them out of the garage, but I hope he actually uses these more often now. Garrett also got his 3 wisdom teeth removed on August 7th. I didn't take any pictures because he looked miserable afterwards, but he did well with it and healed up. The only issue we dealt with was when he got nauseated while going to the bathroom once. He threw up all over the toilet and even the wall behind. He had just taken meds not long before and ate a chocolate milkshake. I guess his stomach didn't like that. I had to clean it up for him, and it definitely was not fun. I hadn't had to deal with puke in a long time and I'm just glad that's over with now and that at least it wasn't on carpet. It was one step he needed to get done to get his mission papers turned in.
I got asked last minute to go have a girls' night at a concert! I hadn't been to a concert in years. It was for Scotty McCreery, a country singer who was on American Idol. I really enjoyed his music. The gal who had the tickets, Emily, was going to take her two daughters, but didn't realize that the concert was at a casino and that you had to be 18 years or older to attend. I rarely get girls' nights and so it was great to be able to get away for an evening and just have fun.
![]() |
| Me, Jen, Emily |
I finally finished my puzzles!! I realized that the big 1000-piece tree puzzle was not going to get done unless I cheated a little. There are letters on the back of the puzzle pieces from A-F. I sectioned them out to each section and then put that section together. The Mickey Mouse one I started on our trip to Idaho last spring with Whitney. I couldn't bring myself to take it apart until I had finished it, so I packed it carefully to bring it home. It was a difficult puzzle, but I got it done!
![]() |
| I actually had to use that spy glass to look at some of the pieces. They were small and hard to see. |
Milo had his 2nd birthday! We learned how to make a pup cup like what they give out at Dutch Bros. It's basically just whipped topping, and you can throw other little treats in it like banana or dog treats. Charlotte loved being able to give him these. We also took him to Petco and got him more goodies and toys.
Jack joined a music group this summer that learned some songs about Jesus. The director is LDS as well and used the church building next to the temple to practice and have the concert. It was an interdenominational event. Jack was in the symphony and the youth choir. He really enjoyed doing it and we enjoyed the concert. It was fun to see him use his trumpet in a church building, even though it wasn't for church services.
School started at the end of August. Can I just say, I love starting at the END of August instead of the middle (like in Nampa). It's still the hottest time of the year and summertime. I took the girls shopping the day before school started to get them some new clothes. I knew it was going to be difficult to find something for Charlotte, but after a while she was able to find an outfit that she loves. She's growing up and ready to wear nicer looking clothes, including jeans. I'm excited for that! Her new clothes are outfits I could wear if they were in my size. Although, that green shirt is a size small in womens, so I might be able to borrow it, lol!
![]() |
| Changed schools this year due to boundary changes. Lincoln Elementary this year. |
The weekend that Garrett got his wisdom teeth out was also the weekend that our niece, Ambrey got married. She's the youngest child of Casey and Amber. I wasn't able to attend because of Garrett's appointment, but Curtis did, and he got to see most of his siblings. They even got a sibling photo.
![]() |
| Seven out of eight siblings. Nic, Ricky, Steve, Shauna, Jeanie, Casey, Curtis. They were just missing Russell, who lives on the East Coast now. |

























2 comments:
That looks like a fun place to play!! Why is the ice-cream shoppe closing. Looks like some good ice-cream!! I loved that Garrett can play his drums again but sorry he got sick! Even sorrier you had to clean it up! Nothing worse. The concert Jack was in looks awesome!! GREAT picture of the siblings!!
Oh, I meant the ice cream shop was just closing for the day, not forever.
Post a Comment