Sunday, February 8, 2026

A Fun Weekend

On Friday, January 23rd, Curtis and I took the girls to a hockey game at the Toyota Center here in Kennewick to watch the Tri-City Americans take on the Portland Winterhawks. It was the first time for Alice since Charlotte came with a friend in December. We were able to get discounted tickets because Alice's school was having a special school night. And even though it was discounted, we still paid $25 a ticket. It's crazy how expensive everything has gotten! This was the first time going to a hockey game here. We did go in Boise to watch the Steelheads years ago, but it seemed to me like we only spent around $12 a ticket or something like that. 

It took a little bit to get into it but after a while we were enjoying watching the game. Alice especially liked that she found some of her friends to go hang out with. And the 4th and 5th graders that play the marimbas from Alice's school were there in the hallway during period breaks to play their music. They do such a good job, and I hope Alice does it next year! The girls were able to talk their dad into buying them a helmet bucket of popcorn (their bowl is a helmet). Unfortunately, our team did not win but it was still fun to be there with the girls doing something other than watching movies on a Friday night.






Because I loved watching "The Little Mermaid" so much the previous weekend for my birthday, I decided to take the girls to see the last showing of it. I tried to get the boys to come but they didn't want to. I think they would have loved it also. We made plans to meet our friends, the Horne's, there and sat by them. We also saw some of the Chandler family there to support their sister.

The two on the left are sisters of the one who played Atrina. The other ones with us are the Horne's.













The girls really enjoyed the show, even though some parts of the story were changed from the movie. You kind of have to change stuff sometimes. I can't wait to watch their next big show, which will be "The Prince of Egypt", and I heard today at church that the Chandler's daughter will be playing one of the lead roles, as Zipporah. I guess I'm hooked to watching musicals now, ha ha!  Again, it was fun to do something on a Saturday night other than watching a movie.

1 comment:

Laverne said...

I love musicals as well. I'm glad the girls got to go as well. Maybe one day they'll be in them!