Friday, May 9, 2008

Rocking Horse

So I went shopping yesterday at the second hand stores to find a tricycle for Garrett. And instead of finding a trike, look what I came home with, a rocking horse. It's in pretty good shape actually and it was only $5. So I got it home and cleaned it up. It does only have one ear and a missing handle. So, to improvise for the handle I stuck a cheap wooden handled sponge paint brush in the hole.

I purposefully took the picture on this side of the horse for two reasons; the paintbrush is on the other side and at the bottom on the rocker part of the horse is written "Sarah"(on the other side also). I didn't see that until I got it home, but I decided that we'll just make the name of the horse Sarah. Ha!

So far the kids are loving it and have a hard time sharing with each other. Lets hope they do better when other kids come over to play.

Garrett already looks like a pro riding with one hand on his hip!

5 comments:

Heather said...

What a find! We have a rocking horse, and there is aways problems when friends come over. I usually lock it behind a closed door.
Mason loves to stand on the saddle and rock while standing...I guess some day he will learn than is not how a horse should be rode!
See what you have to look forward to:)

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

That is a great picture

Unknown said...

Yes, what a little cowboy you have!!! :-) Hope "Sarah" is a nice, good horsey for him! ;-)

ChrisandTamara said...

Giddyup horsey! What a find! You can always get him a trike later. I want to get Katie a rocking horse too - but we'll see. Maybe for Christmas.?

Vernie and Tony said...

Ooohhh too cute! I especially love the picture of Garrett with his hand on his hip! Darling!