Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dirt and prep

Now that the foundation is finished, the diggers came back and back filled the dirt around the outside and prepped the areas for the patios.

Tractor putting dirt back.
He's hammering down the dirt to prep for the patio. That machine is really heavy. He had to haul it back there using the tractor. And so much for keeping this side of the yard untouched.

Curtis and his brother Nic are getting some prep work done for the framers to start next Tues. That's the day I leave for girl's camp. So I'll miss seeing the walls and floors go in. Guess I can't see everything I wanted.


This is the far corner of the back yard. Notice how much of our lawn has been trampled over. Pretty much all of it.

Garrett and Taelyn (Nic & Celeste's daughter) were pressing their faces up against the window, watching and wanting to come outside.

More cutting


Here's what our house looks like now at the end of the day. Roof cut off, some more siding taken off the side of the house, and the dirt is filled in. Unfortunately they are going to have to rip our sliding door out to do the framing so that means we're going to need to pull out our box fan and brave the heat. We were hoping to avoid that step until closer to finished but oh well. You gotta do what you gotta do.

3 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

I'm so glad your taking pictures! It's so fun to see it before and after and have the entire progress in pictures!

ChrisandTamara said...

Ditto to what Mom said. And as for your grass, it will be like starting over again... but it will be worth it!

The Norton Fam! said...

Yeah, they sure did a doozy on your lawn. And that's amazing that Curtis is able to do some of the work. I love how husbands have all this knowledge about things I have no clue about. Makes for great teamwork.