Friday, July 11, 2008
Patios and my little helper
I don't have very many pictures to show today. The concrete guys came early this morning and did the patios. I didn't make it out until this afternoon after they were finished to take pictures. Now that they are finished, there's nothing for the framers to wait for so they will hopefully start framing on Monday, maybe Tuesday.
Here's the main patio, the bigger one.
And here's the smaller patio by the dining room
Garrett loves to help mommy so I had to take a picture when he was helping me vacuum today. He also loves to help me with unloading and loading the dishwasher as well as the washer and dryer. I figure I might as well take advantage of it now while he actually WANTS to help even though it's hard for me to be patient while he tries. I'm usually in a hurry and just want to get it done but sometimes you have to slow down and enjoy the moments such as these.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
YAAAAAY!!! How exciting!!! :-) Wow - that's going to be such a nice addition. I forget - are you going to have a door from the master br onto the smaller patio? And Garrett is SOOO cute - love it (kinda... ;-) when they help! :-) And it's so nice when we remember to let them grow and help do things... *happy sigh*
Yay for the patios. What's next? Framework? Katie likes to help me with laundry too - I agree it is hard sometimes to want to let her help when I'm in a hurry or tired. But lots of times now instead of helping me she likes to play with the little button on the dryer that turns the light off when the door shuts. She keeps pushing it to see the light go off and on. I have a hard time getting her to pick up her toys - she will pick up 1 or 2 items and then just start to play with something. I usually just have to do the pick-up by myself. Any ideas on how to get her to help? Michelle mentioned a clean-up song, maybe I'll have to record it. (Love that tongue sticking out in the picture - he he).
You're right! Enjoy the moments. I remember I used to help my mom, then wehen I got older... I HAD to which kinda made me stop liking it. But he sure is a cutie! He' getting big!!!! Love the new work to the house... I BET you're excited! How fun!
That is so cute that Garrett loved to help you. Good luck with your house. That is exciting you are adding on!
Post a Comment