Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Up on the roof

Thank you so much to my brother Colby and his wife Krista for letting us borrow their old digital camera. You're life savers! Now you can see that they have finished putting our roof on and the boys put most of the tar paper on yesterday.

Now you can see how the house comes out the back. Garrett loves to go outside in the addition any chance he gets. Here's the view from the family room looking at the bedroom, hallway, and behind.

And the view at the back wall of the family room where our TV will eventually go.

And here's a better look at our covered patio. How nice it will be to be able to go outside and relax in the shade or read a book.



Curtis and his brother Nic putting tar paper on the roof.

Curtis in his hard hat. Now he looks like a real construction worker, hehe.

My brother Stillman and Curtis continuing to put tar paper on the roof.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome!!! We're so excited for you guys; and those layered gables are really nice looking, too! We totally love these updates!!! :-)

Vernie and Tony said...

I'm like Krista, I LOVE THAT LAYERED LOOK on the roof. That is totally gorgeous! This is so exciting to see the progress. I know I've said it before but I've been there and I know how you are feeling! It is so wonderful to see the expansion!

Stillman and Michelle said...

That's Hot!!

ChrisandTamara said...

I love the layered look too - very cool! It's looking great! Love the covered patio too - that is so nice too!

The Norton Fam! said...

Yes, I agree with the previous comments. And yes, there is a book coming out this weekend that will very nice to read while laying in the shade of that covered patio. Tee hee

G-mom said...

wow you guys are busy over therw. I guess that's why you never call... j/k. We are busy too!! Miss you VT!

CPTA said...

Very cute! I love it! Can't wait to see when we get into a house I love renovations! But there's nothing to renovate yet.. hee hee