Monday, October 20, 2008

Landed safely

So I finally got an email from Curtis this morning and he has safely made it to Baghdad. He says the base he's on is huge and has to take a shuttle everywhere because it's so big. They still have a few classes to take and then they will be off and rolling for good.

Curtis was officially released from his church calling yesterday as ward clerk. At first I was waiting to hear his name but then the bishop sat down and I didn't see anyone from the stake. Of course it didn't help that the primary program was yesterday so the kids were filling all the seats. I figured they would probably do it next Sunday then. So it took me off guard when someone from the stake did get up and release him and called someone else to his position. I almost started crying right then but I didn't. Just another part of reality setting in.

Anyway, he's in Baghdad and now he can get settled and get to work. And me, I have this little baby inside me to think about to keep my mind off my worries. And this little guy continually reminds me that he's here, always moving around and poking at me. Even Nikki has gotten to feel him move around a few times. It makes us both really happy when she gets to feel him move. Curtis thinks he has a name picked out for him already but I'm not totally sure. I think I'll have to take a vote when I get a few other choices in mind.

7 comments:

Heather said...

We are so happy that Curtis is safe. We keep you in our thoughts, and prayers. It is amazing how these little babies that are unborn yet keep our mind so occupied with other things. Keep on keeping on.

Becca Brown said...

Glad to hear Curtis is safe & you've been able to hear from him. I'm sure he will have lots of interesting stories to share over the next year. I look forward to hearing about many of them as you post more blogs. I think very highly of those serving over there--I've known many--and I hope it's a good experience for him. Best of luck to you & your kids. Hang in there & keep posting. I love hearing from you.

Vernie and Tony said...

We are glad he and Nic are finally there and the clock is ticking. You're a tough cookie Deedra! We are proud of you and Curtis. The
little fellow (along with his older sister and brother) will help keep you busy.......WAY BUSY!

ChrisandTamara said...

Glad Curtis made it safely! Yup - keeping busy - that's the way to make time fly.

liv said...

hallelujah. all will be well. love ya!

Heather said...

best of luck with EVERYTHING- baby, being a single parent in a sense, and everything else! You are quite the woman for doing all this- I would be a mess!

Unknown said...

So glad to hear so many good things!!! Safe landings, happy kicky baby boy... wonderful! :-) You guys are in our prayers every single night (and an occasional memory from Kiddo during the day - he'll randomly start talking about you) - and cool time zone gadget, btw! :-) Love you! :-)