Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkins & Bunk beds

I had a request to get pictures of the pumpkin I carved the same night Tamara did hers. We went to a girl's night out on Friday and carved them while there and also watched "The Watcher in the Woods". It was fun! The only sad thing is, we just did it on Friday night and now my pumpkin is already shriveling up. We are all sad about it :( Oh well, at least we got pictures before it got any worse. (By the way, thank you to my mother in law for donating the pumpkin)

Also, on Saturday my brother in law Nathan brought over our new bunk bed (well, new to us) and put it together. Now Nikki is officially moved into her own bedroom and Garrett is alone for the first time. As you can see, they both enjoy going on the top bunk and playing up there. We like to play catch with Nikki's ball too. Eventually, we will split the bunk bed up and put the top half in Garrett's room after the new baby kicks him out of the crib. At least that's the plan as of now.






8 comments:

Heather said...

the top bunk is always the bomb-
cool pumpkin- I don't think i have carved a pumpkin for ages! i don't know if I could read a book 3 times! no matter how much i liked it! (i am the same way with most movies too) i don't think i will be crazy enough to go to the movie opening week- i think i will wait- i don't really enjoy HUGE crowds of people and packed theaters.

Unknown said...

LOL! So cute!!! Nikki looks to be LOVING her room! And I keep seeing Kiddo in that monkey shirt, too, LOL!!! Hope the cuties enjoy the bunk beds for a while! :-)

Vernie and Tony said...

Thanks for posting the pumpkin! It is awesome! Way cool. The kids rooms look great and Nikki looks so happy to have her little things all set up!

ChrisandTamara said...

Cool! I was hoping you would post the pumpkin too. Mine has started to shrivel up a little too. Oh well. At least we got pictures and got to eat the baked pumpkin seeds.

ChrisandTamara said...

P.S. I like the picture of it all lit up. Very cool! I bet Nikki just loves having her own room. What does Garrett think about it?

Jill and Scott said...

Great pumpkin. The Watcher in the Woods is one of my fave movies. I am glad you are able to get out and enjoy yourself. That is important in maintaining your sanity while your man is away! I can't believe how big Nikki is getting! That pic of her showing off the things in her room is adorable!

Stillman and Michelle said...

sometimes if you put your pumpkin in Cold water in saves it for a few more days.

Heather said...

That is the saddest thing about carving pumpkins...they always shrivel up. We are carving our pumpkins tomorrow... so we can decorate our trunk for the church truck or treat Thursday.
Yah for bunk beds. We have a set, but the top is apart under our bed. Our plan is to put it up when we move for Mason to sleep in so Paige can have his crib. Wonderful bunk beds that can be used as singles:)