Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Couldn't wait till Christmas

This year I decided that we needed a new camera for Christmas. So I got one ordered online last Monday and I found it by my door Friday night! I haven't had a lot of time to play with it but here are some photos I did get to take.

For all of you who wonder how I get to see my hubby while he's away, here he is. Isn't he so handsome? Also if you double click on the photo to enlarge it you'll see in the bottom left corner is the camera view of me taking a picture of the computer screen. I thought that was funny.

Here are the kids, ready for church and Garrett wearing his new suit for the first time.

And to our surprise we came home Saturday night to this big red bag sitting in front of our door. I go look inside and find a note that says "Happy 12 Days of Christmas! open 1 each day". I could've cried right then to think that someone is thinking of us this Christmas season. The 1st day was "some pears or fruit for you" so we got a bag of little oranges, yum! The 2nd day was some dove chocolate bars. The 3rd day was something about roosting and reading a book, so they gave us 2 kids books. And we just opened day 4 and it was a pack of bubbles that said "blow some bubbles that fly in the sky like calling birds". It was funny because I was just at the store yesterday trying to find stocking stuffers for the kids and I was looking for bubbles but didn't find any and then someone gave us some! Thank you so much to whomever it was! What a wonderful time of year!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I like the new suit- how cute is that! Don't you love it when the 12 days of Christmas gets done on you? I remember when I lived at home with my mom (and Chris and Jeff- maybe even Traci) and someone did it for us- it does make you feel great knowing that someone thought of your family!

Vernie and Tony said...

I agree! Especially when your a bit down and out cuz your hubby is so far away and someone does something so nice to lift your spirits! NICE!

CPTA said...

We were talking about that in RS this weekend. How sweet to have that done to you and your family. I bet the kids were lovin' the bubbles. Take care! Garrett is lookin' more and more like a young boy!

Unknown said...

That is SOOOOO wonderful!!! :-) What a neat season this will be for you! :-)

ChrisandTamara said...

Very cool! So glad you are able to see Curtis. And so thoughtful for someone to do the 12 days of Christmas for you.