Thursday, December 4, 2008

We've chosen a first name!

Well, I guess the name poll didn't do us much good because we decided to go with the name that had the least amount of votes. The poll ended with Jacob with 10 votes, Benjamin with 7 votes, and Jack with 5 votes. And yes that means we decided to name the baby Jack. When I was looking through our baby name book I just kept thinking of that name and how much I liked it. Then a couple of weeks ago Curtis said he felt like we should name him Jack. So he was the deciding factor. Now we're working on the middle name, which we'd like to be family related. We have Port's in our family so we are thinking of the name Porter. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

I also scheduled to be induced on February 5th since Curtis is planning on being home for his vacation by the 2nd, which is the earliest they will let him. I'm due the 3rd and with my reputation, the baby may not wait for Daddy to come home first. But this is the first time they have changed my due date up, so we'll see what happens. At least we have it scheduled just in case. As far as pregnancy goes, everything is going well. Just the usual aches and pains of having a growing belly. And baby is moving around plenty and always kicking or poking me.

8 comments:

G-mom said...

Yay! that is the name that i loved the most. I am so glad Curtis will be coming home at least for a little bit. I am not sure of what names are in your family, but I like the name Mitchell, or even curtis would sound good as his middle name.

Jill and Scott said...

That is a great ultrasound photo! Looks like he is waving to everyone. Sooo happy you are naming him Jack! I have never met a Jack I didn't like... of course maybe it has something to do with my name! : )

Jill and Scott said...

That is a great ultrasound photo! Looks like he is waving to everyone. Sooo happy you are naming him Jack! I have never met a Jack I didn't like... of course maybe it has something to do with my name! : )

Vernie and Tony said...

I voted for Jack so thats great for me! As I told you last night, I already got a Christmas ornament with Jack's name on it sooooo, it's set in stone now! LOL I love his picture! He has that little round Butterfield head!

ChrisandTamara said...

Congrats on deciding. You should email Jack and Debbye. Bet Uncle Jack will be pleased.

Unknown said...

Wow, that really is a great ultrasound photo! :-) Wonder if he was sucking his thumb! :-)

And congrats on deciding his name - poll-wise, I've heard that Lincoln consulted with his cabinet before going to war, and they all advised him against it; he thanked them and made his own decision anyway, LOL. So it is with life - it's not our kiddo to name, LOL! :-)

Anonymous said...

Deedra,
His head does look might big! What a noggin' its going to be a second Garrett. I can't wait!

Why didn't you mention my middle name choises.

Jack Mormon Butterfield
Jack Daniels Butterfield
Jack Porter Butterfield

We should do a poll!

Curtis

21st Century Homemaker said...

I love Jack!! That is what are boy name is if we ever have a boy...who knows. Jack Porter is really cute!