Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day

Yesterday the kids and myself and my friend Whitney went to the store to get a snack for Nicole's soccer team who had a game at 2. Nicole kept seeing lots of flowers and things that you would get for Mother's Day gifts. I never said anything about them but she saw all these flowers and it reminded her that it was Mother's Day soon and she really wanted to get me something. So I told her I would get some cash and she could come back later with someone else to get me something so it would be a surprise. So my friend Whitney said she would do it and here's what Nikki picked out for me all by herself. I love them! They are so beautiful!

And the card says "We don't need much to be happy..." "Just a whole lot of each other!" "Have a great Mother's Day." and it plays a song when you open it. I think she did a wonderful job making my Mother's Day special.

Today in primary Nikki drew a picture of the flowers she had given me for Mother's Day.

And this is what I got from Garrett. They did this in nursery. It says:
Happy Mother's day
Sometimes you get discouraged,
Because I am so small,
And always leaving fingerprints,
On furniture and walls.
But everyday I'm growing,
I'll be grown up one day.
And all those fingerprints,
Will surely fade away.
So here's a final handprint,
Just so you'll recall.
How little my hands were
When I was very small

4 comments:

Stillman and Michelle said...

That poem always makes me cry. Mostly because it reminds me that they ARE so small and I should not be getting so discouraged with them.

Anonymous said...

Man those kids really out did themselves this year! I think they are tying to make me look bad. Next year I'm going to try harder. I sure am glad the kids made Motherday special for you even though they are young. You have alot to be proud of after all you taught them everthing they know.

Curtis

CPTA said...

That's beautiful!!! Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

Vernie and Tony said...

Your dad has a little paper on his bullitin board in his office that was done by you Deedra, with a similar saying. They are a treasure for sure! We enjoyed having you and the kids last night too. Happy Mother's Day