Curtis has finally come home for his 2nd vacation and we have been nothing but busy trying to fill every minute with productive activities. Starting on Monday we picked Curtis up from the airport around 12:30 and then went straight home to eat lunch. Then most of us took afternoon naps, everyone but me. After naps we packed up and headed to Boise where we dropped off the kids and went to get our tickets for the Harry Potter 6 movie. Then we rushed over to the Pita Pit in Meridian where we ate dinner and then rushed back to make the 7pm showing. It was a great movie however I think I still like #5 the best. Maybe that will change the more times I watch the 6th movie. Anyway, then we hung out with Colby and Krista who had watched our kids for us and then back home where we all got right in bed.
The next morning we packed up again and went over to see Curtis's mom and to take the 2 older kids on a walk/ride to the nearby playground. His mom watched Jack for us while we did that. Then we were able to visit with his mom a little bit after that. Everyone got hungry so we went back home where we made some delicious grilled sandwiches. Afterward it was time for the kiddos to take a nap while Curtis and I went out to deep clean the garage. Let me say it looks SOOOOO much better. I've been waiting for about a year to get that cleaned out. Then since we were hot and sweaty we decided to race down to the Rec Center with the kids and go swimming. Swimming worked up our appetites so we went back home to eat dinner. After cleaning up the kitchen Curtis headed outside to mow the lawn while I gave the kids a bath. We actually got them in bed by 9 that night I think. We were pretty exhausted by the end of the day.
Then Wed morning (I started typing this Wed but did not finish until today) we took another lovely walk (would have been more lovely without all the garbage cans we had to walk by for trash day) through our neighborhood and stopped to play at the playground. We also got to talk to someone in our ward for a little bit. When we got back we rested a bit and then it was time to clean out the shed. Later I ran to the store to get stuff to make home made oreo ice cream. So Curtis took a break from cleaning the shed to put the trampoline together, eat lunch, and make the ice cream. After getting the ice cream and shed finished we got the kids up from their naps and went to redeem our free meal KFC coupons and brought it home for dinner. Then we all relaxed in the family room to watch "Bolt" since that's what the kids wanted and Curtis had never seen it. Well, Curtis still hasn't seen all of it as he fell asleep halfway through. But I sure don't blame him. Both of us were exhausted again last night. Oh, and by the way, the ice cream was VERY YUMMY!
So here's to another busy day as we get ready to go to the cabin tomorrow! Nikki is really looking forward to going on the train ride and hiking in the mountains as are all of us.
Nicole and Garrett waiting at the airport for Daddy.
The next morning we packed up again and went over to see Curtis's mom and to take the 2 older kids on a walk/ride to the nearby playground. His mom watched Jack for us while we did that. Then we were able to visit with his mom a little bit after that. Everyone got hungry so we went back home where we made some delicious grilled sandwiches. Afterward it was time for the kiddos to take a nap while Curtis and I went out to deep clean the garage. Let me say it looks SOOOOO much better. I've been waiting for about a year to get that cleaned out. Then since we were hot and sweaty we decided to race down to the Rec Center with the kids and go swimming. Swimming worked up our appetites so we went back home to eat dinner. After cleaning up the kitchen Curtis headed outside to mow the lawn while I gave the kids a bath. We actually got them in bed by 9 that night I think. We were pretty exhausted by the end of the day.
Then Wed morning (I started typing this Wed but did not finish until today) we took another lovely walk (would have been more lovely without all the garbage cans we had to walk by for trash day) through our neighborhood and stopped to play at the playground. We also got to talk to someone in our ward for a little bit. When we got back we rested a bit and then it was time to clean out the shed. Later I ran to the store to get stuff to make home made oreo ice cream. So Curtis took a break from cleaning the shed to put the trampoline together, eat lunch, and make the ice cream. After getting the ice cream and shed finished we got the kids up from their naps and went to redeem our free meal KFC coupons and brought it home for dinner. Then we all relaxed in the family room to watch "Bolt" since that's what the kids wanted and Curtis had never seen it. Well, Curtis still hasn't seen all of it as he fell asleep halfway through. But I sure don't blame him. Both of us were exhausted again last night. Oh, and by the way, the ice cream was VERY YUMMY!
So here's to another busy day as we get ready to go to the cabin tomorrow! Nikki is really looking forward to going on the train ride and hiking in the mountains as are all of us.
Nicole and Garrett waiting at the airport for Daddy.
We had to take the tray off and then he discovered he could fall forward. Good thing he was belted in.












3 comments:
WOW! Curtis looks sooooooo skinny!
LUCKEE! I am so happy that he is home for a visit! Everyone looks so happy! Can't wait to see you kids tomorrow night!
Have fun on the train ride!
So glad you guys are having so much fun together and getting so much done too! Have fun on your train ride and have fun at the cabin! Sorry we can't join you. We'd like to see Curtis while he's home. Maybe at the end of next week.
(Chris and Tamara)
Post a Comment