Monday, August 31, 2009

I've Finally Canned My Own Peaches!!

Last year I really wanted to can some peaches, especially when everyone around me was doing them but with the construction of our add on I wasn't able to do it. So I was able to get a bucket of peaches from my sister in law, who got them from my mother in law's tree. I called up my grandma on Saturday and asked if she'd come over today to teach me how to can peaches and that's just what we did. It's been a busy morning! With running to the store for canning supplies, trying to do all the canning, kids wanting to help and then in between I had to feed the kids lunch and then race Nikki off to her bus stop to go to school. Oh and then talk to my hubby and feed baby when I got back. Thank goodness Grandma was here!! It would've been very difficult without her. Maybe I'll can some more and make some peach jam when I get some more peaches. Yum!! My head was spinning when we did it this morning so I'll definitely have to have help again.


Don't they look delicious?? (if I do say so myself)

8 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

They look beautiful!!

Vernie and Tony said...

Yes, peaches are so pretty when they are home canned! You may want to go to the orchard with dad and Chris and Tammy tomorrow and get some more. Yummy!

Heather said...

Shawn and I are trying to decide if we can peaches this year or not. I still have jam and peach butter from last year, so it would just be peaches this year if I do it. I think peaches are one of the easiest fruits to can. It won't take long to catch on and then you will be teaching an enrichment class on how to! :)

ChrisandTamara said...

Good job! Looks yummy! I loved canned peaches. How did Nikki's first week of Kindergarten go? How's Garrett adjusting?

ChrisandTamara said...

He he. I loved them until there were gone??? I love canned peaches!

Jill and Scott said...

Nice work!

Stillman and Michelle said...

you better hide those from Stillman. Last year we got some peaches and stillman ate them before we could can them.

Heather said...

the piano is: (Dimensions: Length: 16.0 "; Height: 12.0 "; Width: 10.0 "
Product Weight: 11.0 Lb.)

just the right size for a small kid :0) so Rowan can play on his piano while his daddy plays the real thing! your peaches look really yummy! I need to try canning sometime soon!